Verizon Princ Engr-Data Engineering - Ashburn, VA
Posted on: September 17, 2022
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and
communications services, transforming the way we connect across the
globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared
ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to
learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create
within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and
you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
Your mission will be to help us quantify competitive business
segments, evaluate potential operational changes, and design new
approaches and methodologies. Working across VBG, you'll use your
analytical and technical expertise to identify trends, issues and
opportunities, all with the goal of improving the customer
experience and finding ways to make our business even better.
Your focus will be on data modeling, sourcing, integration and
automation, with the goal of supporting a broad array of reporting
- - Leverage business, system and operational process knowledge to
build and maintain ETL workflow and developing solutions for VBG
sales vertical Data backend
- - Design, develop and enhance new and existing SSIS and
- - Research and suggest new tools and process
- - Design and develop tables, views, and queries
- - Drive automated reporting solutions and accurate metric
performance management requirements.
- - Leverage knowledge related to sales performance, quota, funnel,
pipeline and other Sales Operations-related data domains.
- - Engage in detailed requirements discussions and technical
requirements definitions and approach.
- - Work with data management analysts, business units and IT
partners to discover, coordinate and define accurate universe and
cross functional relationships.
- - Work on projects ranging in complexity from executive level ad
hoc analysis to integration of new data into a complex reporting
- - Work directly with various Verizon business units
(GE/BM/PS/Wholesale) for aligned metric definition, labeling and
- - Ensure protocol exists that will capture, audit and alert for
deviations and support for quick and timely resolution.
- - Coordinate technical reporting and business rule releases.
- - Document all database, business rule and metric changes to
users, executives/management and power users.
- - Evaluate IT release activity to understand impacts to reporting
for any required business rule modifications.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that
includes work from home and assigned office days set by your
What we're looking for...
You are good with data and data management, you love to structure
data and build processes to automate and validate dataset creation.
Writing SQL queries and building data workflows is a fun afternoon
for you. You are detail-oriented and know how to focus on what
really matters. You understand the importance of accuracy in data
analytics and reporting. You are a self-starter and a multi-tasker
who can work independently under tight timelines. You want to make
an impact by providing the data that will help improve the
experience of our customers.
You'll need to have:
- - Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience
- - Six or more years of relevant work experience
- - Knowledge of designing and maintaining ETL tools (for example
SSIS, Informatica, Datastage, Talend, etc).
- - Experience writingSQL queries using RDBMS such as Teradata,
Oracle, SQLServer, DB2.
Even better if you have:
- - Master's degree.
- - Six or more years of experience in testing concepts and how
testing fits into the project life cycle.
- - Some scripting language C#, Python, Java, etc.
- - Understand the architecture, data structures and fundamental
design principles of data warehousing.
- - Experience in one or more reporting tools: Cognos, Tableau,
clickview, Microstrategy, OBIEE, Power BI,
- - Cross functional experience across the sales pipeline process
from the marketing and funnel phase through quoting/ordering and
post order completion.
- - Experience with data modeling with tools such as ERwin
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides
reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g.,
for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be
provided during the hiring process.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Business Intelligence Analyst, Location:
Sterling, VA - 20165 , PL: 547534539
Keywords: Verizon, Sterling , Verizon Princ Engr-Data Engineering - Ashburn, VA, Engineering , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!