Outside Sales Representative*
Company: Core and Main
Posted on: March 3, 2019
Company Overview About Core & Main -- Core & Main (www.coreandmain.com) is one of North America---s largest distributors of water, sewer, storm, fusible piping and fire protection infrastructure products that serves the needs of both contractors and municipalities in all aspects of the water, wastewater, clean water, landfill, energy, and fire protection industries. Core & Main operates more than 246 branches serving North America, the Caribbean and international markets. The company provides localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. Job Description & Qualifications Job Summary Develop new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales utilizing knowledge of core customers and Core & Main product line. Responsible to profitably grow sales to achieve yearly sales goals as a sales consultant for current core industries and emerging industries and markets; responsible for prospecting for new accounts, retaining existing accounts, and increasing opportunities with existing customer. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position,--Core & Main will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report. -- Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Conducts on-site customer visits with new and existing customers. Manages sales volume with an existing group of customers, prospects successfully to expand the customer base.
- Forecasts, prospects, and bids for new business to include customers, markets, and additional service opportunities.
- Maintains existing and builds new customer partnerships. Develops and sustains sales relationships with key decision makers and influencers on all levels of an organization.
- Shares market and competitor information with all applicable channels within the organization; establishes relationships and working partnerships.
- Partners with customers, vendors, Credit, and A/R to quickly resolve customer service issues.
- Identifies customer products needs and coordinates execution of orders.
- May conduct negotiations with suppliers, vendors and manufacturers.
- Assists in training or mentoring of associates. Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or direct "customers" of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel or professional personnel. Work Environment
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Typically requires travel 20% to 50% of the time. Minimum Qualifications
- Must be twenty one years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details Preferred Qualifications
- Waterworks Distribution industry experience required.
- Point of sales (POS) system or consultative selling/solution selling experience is required.
- Knowledge of customer business needs.
- Knowledge in--Core & Main--product line and core customers. --
Keywords: Core and Main, Sterling , Outside Sales Representative*, Sales , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!