Sr. Business Consultant
Posted on: October 22, 2019
The Senior Business Consultant will provide consulting services to
Jenzabar customers on the implementation, training, use of software
systems, and customizations. This includes learning Jenzabar
software, gathering and reviewing customer business practices and
existing data, configuring software, training end users on the
software and writing trip reports. This position requires a solid
understanding of Student Information Systems, specifically focused
in one of the four areas: Registration, Advising and Student Life;
Admissions and Financial Aid; Alumni and Development; Business
Office and Human Resources. Along with a general understanding of
higher education regulations, requirements and policies associated
with these key student-based offices. The Consultant must be
proactive, self-starting, professional and able to travel up to 32
weeks per year. This position requires the ability to manage
individual relationships and will also work in conjunction with all
other levels of Business Consultants.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Perform assigned project tasks with minimal supervision
- Follow established methodology to meet project deliverables for
all assigned tasks
- Works proactively and cooperatively in a team environment to
accomplish project deliverables within defined schedule
- Communicate information clearly, accurately and timely to
project team members
- Gaining a sound understanding and knowledge of the customer's
requirements and capabilities and recommending best practices
- Understanding the customer business processes related to the
- Must have excellent follow-up skills, provide detailed
documentation, and be able to work effectively and
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Stay abreast with business trends and technologies
- Collaborate with Project Manager in executing assigned
- Develop estimates based on the customization
- Recognize potential solutions to a business problem to ensure
the best alternative is selected for the client within project
- Other duties as assigned by management
- BS, BA Degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years (5 years must be in Higher Ed)
- Experience across a range of higher end functions or
- Prior training delivery experience desired
- Comfort level with evolving and ever-changing technology
- Ability to translate technical complex concepts to functional
- Software troubleshooting skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proven
effective listening skills.
- Higher Education industry experience preferred.
- ERP and/or CRM experience preferred.
- Student Information System experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience conducting presentations, conducting
one-on-one and/or on-the-job training, classroom training and/or
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and training skills.
- Proven effective listening skills.
- Must possess the ability to communicate well with others,
ability to work in a team environment.
- Should be knowledgeable of data base tools
- Experience with Database tools and trouble-shooting skills
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision
Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term
Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational
Keywords: Jenzabar, Sterling , Sr. Business Consultant, Professions , Harrisonburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!