Certified Pharmacy Technician
Company: Stone Springs Hospital Center
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Description SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000
Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900
facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER---s, ambulatory
surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility-based staff
continue to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have
been named in IBM Watson Health---s top 100 best-performing
hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
StoneSprings Hospital Center is a 124-bed acute care HCA Healthcare
facility in Loudoun County, VA, that opened in December 2015. We
provide a comprehensive range of medical services in a state of the
art facility. Whether you're a nurse, doctor, clinician or support
staff member, you'll have the chance to do challenging,
career-enhancing work, while benefiting from the work/life balance
made possible in a community setting. You'll enjoy an abundance of
opportunities to grow and thrive in an atmosphere where you're
valued as an individual, provided opportunities for growth, treated
fairly and given a voice in decision making.--Our patients are our
priority, but so are you!----Notonly do our patients come first,
but our employees do too! We provide a totalcompensation package to
make sure your needs are met.
- Medical and Dental coverage
- Paid Family Leave
- Matching 401(k)
- Tuition assistance
- Student loan repayment
- Family and medical flex spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Identity theft protection
- Much, much more!--You contribute to our success. Every role has
an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to
make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professionals like
you to be a part of our--Pharmacy Family!--
We are currently seeking a--Full Time--Certified Pharmacy
Technician. Under the supervision of the Lead Pharmacy Technician
and/or Licensed Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technician assists in the
various activities of the pharmacy department. Such duties include,
but need not be limited to:
- Maintaining patient records.
- Setting up, packaging, and labeling medication doses.
- Filling and dispensing routine orders for stock supplies of
- Refilling and inventorying automated dispensing machines,
maintaining inventories of medication supplies.
- Mixing medications with parenteral fluids.
- Processing medication orders or prescriptions, accurately and
safely compounds medications and/or IV admixtures in acceptable
dosage forms, appropriately packages and dispenses pre-manufactured
- Uses appropriate techniques for storage, preparation, and
dispensing of medicinal agents and follows the health system---s
policies regarding cart fill, unit dose distribution, medication
preparation and labeling, controlled substances reconciliation, and
ensuring that EMT boxes and medications for crash carts are
stocked, checked, and ready to be dispensed.
- Assist in delivery of medications/requisitions to nursing
stations and other hospital departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned or scheduled.--Qualifications
- Completion of a Pharmacy Technician Program (required)
- Associate's Degree (preferred)LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
- Pharmacy Technician Certification--upon employment or within 90
days of employment (required)
- PCTB--National Certification (required)EXPERIENCE:
- 1 year of Pharmacy Technician experience in a hospital setting,
including sterile compounding duties (required)
- 2 years or more of Pharmacy Technician experience in a hospital
setting, including sterile compounding duties (preferred)HOURS:
- Full Time
- Mixed Shifts (8 hour shifts)
- Weekend & Holiday requirementsWe are an equal opportunity
employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Stone Springs Hospital Center, Sterling , Certified Pharmacy Technician, Professions , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!