Company: JAS Forwarding USA Inc.
Posted on: July 6, 2019
JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and
solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight
forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution,
inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain
management services, including consulting, the coordination of
purchase orders and customized management services.
In this role you will be responsible for facilitating the movement
of products/equipment/materials out of the country, via ocean or
air freight, in accordance with organizational policy and procedure
and to comply with relevant local, country and international law
and process as well as providing customer service to exporting
customers: bookings, rates, document, production, accounting, agent
interaction and problem solving.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
Essential is your ability to:
- Prepare and coordinate air and ocean cargo for international
- Coordinate booking details with trucking companies, airlines,
steamship lines and overseas offices
- Prepare and communicate spot quotes to customers for specific
shipment requests, manage vendor billing and customer
- Ensure compliance to all current regulations and
- Provide superior customer support, organization and
communication in an efficient and professional manner
- High School diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of Department of State (ITAR) and Department
of Commerce (B(S0 export/import regulations
- Knowledge of all customs laws, practices and
- Prior office environment experience
- Prior customer service experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must be self-motivated, able to work in a team and
- Must be detail oriented, have the ability to multitask and meet
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job
requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an
essential function of this position.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion,
national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer
will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if
necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with
information from each new employee s Form I-9 to confirm work
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION.
FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE ITS BROKERAGE LICENSE
SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO
EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT
WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT
COMMISSIONER. JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF
YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL
CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED
Keywords: JAS Forwarding USA Inc., Sterling , Export Specialist, Professions , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!