Truck Driver - CDL (Class B)*
Company: Core and Main
Posted on: July 2, 2019
Company Overview About Core & Main Core & Main () is one of North
America's largest distributors of water, sewer, storm, fusible
piping and fire protection infrastructure products that serves the
needs of both contractors and municipalities in all aspects of the
water, wastewater, clean water, landfill, energy, and fire
protection industries. Core & Main operates more than 246 branches
serving North America, the Caribbean and international markets. The
company provides localized, customer-driven services including
jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified
logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its
customers' success. Job Description & Qualifications Job Summary
Make deliveries to customer job sites while adhering to all DOT
regulations and safety procedures. Load inventory on truck and
unload at customer site. Operate trucks to pick up and deliver
products, supplies and equipment to and from organization, supplier
and customer sites. Duties may involve complex pickups and
deliveries, e.g., night deliveries, transport of dangerous and
hazardous materials. Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key
- Delivers products to customers which may include assistance
with unloading, ensuring delivery of ticket with material, etc.
Serves as primary interface with the customer at point of delivery.
Contacts customers if they are not present at delivery
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections in accordance with
Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Core & Main
policies and procedures. Reports vehicle defects, accidents,
traffic violations, or damage before and after route. Fuels truck
- Complies with all DOT (Department of Transportation) standards
and regulations. Maintains records such as vehicle logs and bill of
ladings in accordance with guidelines.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Loads truck with daily deliveries. Unloads product at
- Resolves customer service issues.
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for
traffic and/or construction.
- May assist warehouse staff with pulling and preparing orders
for shipment, as well as receiving, verifying, staging and stocking
all incoming material. Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in
accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior
coworker or supervisor. Work Environment
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery,
loud noises, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment, some of
which may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 5% of the time.
- Must be twenty one years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable Education and
- HS Diploma or GED, strongly preferred. Specialized skills
training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of
experience in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications &
Job Specific Details Preferred Qualifications
- Have a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
issued by the state in which the candidate resides with all the
relevant endorsements required for type of equipment being operated
(i.e. HazMat to transport hazardous materials that require
- One (1) year of commercial driving experience compliant with
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT regulations
- Forklift certification preferred.
Keywords: Core and Main, Sterling , Truck Driver - CDL (Class B)*, Professions , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!