Security Systems Technician I
Company: IES Communications
Posted on: June 7, 2019
The Security Systems Technician I must learn and possess the skills
required to function as a contributing member of a technical team.
The SS Tech I will be able to pull cable and have some experience
installing security systems (Card Access, CCTV, CATV and Intrusion
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* The Security Systems Technician I will install security systems
(card access, CCTV, CATV and intrusion systems) per manufacturer
requirements and engineered drawings
* The Security Systems Technician I will assist in the completion
of all IES COMMUNICATIONS paperwork accurately and on time
(timesheets, material transfers, work orders, change orders, tool
transfers and others as required).
* The Security Systems Technician I will adhere to and participate
in all Company, customer and industry quality and safety standards
The Security Systems Technician I will complete other
responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* The Security Systems Technician I must be self-motivated,
positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and
implement project process improvement(s).
* The Security Systems Technician I must promote the Company
culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business
* The Security Systems Technician I must be able to act as the
Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
* The Security Systems Technician I must possess proven
problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to
effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
* The Security Systems Technician I must be able to work at
heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50
pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
* The Security Systems Technician I must be able to see and
distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and
recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
* Basic Hand Tools: screwdriver all sizes (regular and Phillips,),
drywall saw, torpedo level, tape measure, snips (with belt sheath),
pliers (adjustable, needle nose, lineman), hammer, cable stripper,
insulated crimping tool, flashlight and gloves. Multimeter,
butt-set, toner/wand, coax compression and/or hex crimp tool.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
* Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED
* Must possess a minimum of one (1) year of experience in
commercial security systems or related telecommunications
* Must know or possess aptitude to learn Company/industry codes
* Must possess and be proficient with the listed tools.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook
* Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other
project documents, including but not limited to, specifications,
reporting and quality requirements.
* Must know the universal communications color codes.
* Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
Security Systems Technician II
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
IES is a national provider of industrial products and
infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including
electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for
the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy
markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As
of the end of IES s 2018 fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, IES
produced over $876.8 million in revenue and employed over 4,500
employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to
housing developments, our employees and design professionals
design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
* Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
* Safety is Priority One and our record shows it
* Competitive Pay
* Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
* Company Paid Time Off
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term
* Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
* Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal
and Pet Coverage
* Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency
represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee
without first having a signed contract between that agency and the
IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES
and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with
disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or
characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring,
transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and
all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that
retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding
possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is
also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the
employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and
protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to
support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent
with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor
to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. "EEO
is the Law" poster - "EEO is the Law" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES
provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by
Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era
Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need
accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES
corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: IES Communications, Sterling , Security Systems Technician I, Professions , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!