Senior Electrical Engineer - Flight Control & Navigation Systems
Company: Rockwell Collins
Posted on: March 13, 2019
Requisition ID: 16144 At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry - all to redefine aerospace. Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies - Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.Job SummaryThis position focuses on circuit board designs for analog/digital hardware. We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Electrical Engineer to join the hardware design group within Mission Systems Flight Control and Navigation Systems.Job Responsibilities
- This engineer will develop both analog and digital hardware circuit boards used in high performance flight control and navigation systems.
- Responsibilities span all phases of the hardware development lifecycle, including requirements capture, design, test, integration, verification, and factory transitions. Primary assignments will include use and application of electrical engineering principles and techniques to design, develop, document, verify, support, and troubleshoot analog and digital hardware of moderate to high complexity.
- This position encompasses new product designs and product sustaining support roles. The selected candidate will work closely with Systems, Software, Mechanical, Environmental Effects, Manufacturing/Operations and Design-to-Cost staff to assure defined requirements are consistently met in all phases of a product's lifecycle.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering discipline with 4 - 8 years of experience
- Analog, Digital, and Mixed Signal circuit board design experience including experience with schematic capture tools
- Domain knowledge of analog electronics (low/high pass filters, small signal amplifiers)
- Domain knowledge of digital electronics (e.g. Microprocessor/microcontroller, DSP, FPGA, ASIC, ADC, DAC, SoC)
- Experience working with lab equipment (Oscilloscopes, Analyzers, etc.)
- Experience in aspects of the hardware life cycle, including requirements capture, design and development, debug and test, and requirements validation
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner and produce detailed, clear and concise technical documentation.Desired Experience/Skills:
- Knowledge of analog design parameters (e.g. sampling, bandwidth, Nyquist, gain, Signal to Noise ratio)
- Experience in the area of high speed design practices including signal integrity and timing analysis
- Knowledge of digital circuit design parameters (e.g., throughput, rise time, clock frequencies, propagation delay).
- Knowledge of hardware components (e.g., processors, FPGA, ARM, DDR memory, interfaces), and characteristics (e.g., throughput, processing architecture, timing, capacity).
- FPGA design experience
- Experience designing products for military and/or high reliability applications
- Experience designing with inertial sensors
- Experience with EMI/EMC design, testing, and troubleshooting
- Experience designing for military environmental requirements (vibration, humidity, salt fog, mechanical shock) At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day. Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Keywords: Rockwell Collins, Sterling , Senior Electrical Engineer - Flight Control & Navigation Systems, Professions , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!