Light & Medium Duty Fleet Technician
Company: Dickinson Fleet Services
Posted on: December 28, 2018
Leverage Your Auto Repair Talents to Step into a Fleet Technician Role Where You Can Learn, Further Develop Your Skills, & Enhance Your Shop Experience
Dickinson Fleet Services' entry-level technician role offers you the opportunity to build a lasting career with the nation's largest fleet maintenance repair provider.
If you combine a couple of years of auto and/or diesel repair experience and schooling with the drive and desire to learn and develop a career that can last a lifetime, the role of Light & Medium Duty Fleet Technician offers some compelling opportunities. Quick question for you - click here You will enjoy:
- Strong training including the opportunity to add new skills. For example, you will learn trailer repair, air brakes, stick and/or mig welding, and more, if you don't already know them. If you have skill gaps, we will help you fill them.
- Visibility, as you work at our customer's shop as the sole, in-house technician; build relationships and represent Dickinson in a professional and responsive manner.
- Competitive hourly pay --meaning you'll be eligible for overtime after 40 hours -- and payday is every Friday!
- Top-of-the-line benefits, including an excellent medical, dental and vision plan that also offers a zero premium monthly contribution option to all employees.
- The opportunity to advance your career. While you'll spend a good deal of time in this shop repair role enhancing your skills and gaining valuable experience, over time, and once you prove yourself, you could pursue a mobile technician role and meet customers where they live -- on the road!
Dickinson Fleet Services keeps your fleet moving.Dickinson Fleet Services is the largest independent fleet maintenance company in the country. As a leader in the mobile fleet service industry, we provide preventative maintenance excellence tailored to each customer's unique needs. As our business continues to expand, we are always on the lookout for motivated, energetic individuals to fill the positions now available on our talented team of professionals
- The Requirements
- The Role
- More Good Reasons
- Keys to Success
The ideal candidate for this role will have a solid foundation in mechanics, strong potential, a winning attitude and the drive to learn and grow his/her skills. To be a good fit for the Light & Medium Duty Fleet Technician opportunity you'll need:
- 2+ years of experience with light and medium duty maintenance and repair, or a combination of school and experience equal to 2 years. Quick question for you - click here
- Basic electrical skills
- Some or all of the following preferred skills (we'll teach you what you don't know)
- A mix of diesel and gas repairs
- Trailer repair experience
- Experience doing DOT inspections
- Welding experience, ideally stick and/or mig
- Air brake repair
- Self-motivation and the ability to work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision as the sole shop mechanic
- Strong communication skills and a professional approach to working directly with customers.
- Pride in doing the job right.
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic
You will enjoy a combination of focused and on-the-job training. Depending on your experience level and learning aptitude, initial training could last from 2 to 6 weeks. Post-training, you will work second shift from noon to 8 PM.
It's pretty simple: you'll work at our client's shop and perform routine scheduled maintenance, do inspections and make required repairs (no heavy engine repairs) on their fleet vehicles. Most vehicles are class 6 or below, however, you will learn to fix trailers and could work on vehicles up to class 8. Your responsibilities will include:
- Communicating with customers clearly and providing excellent customer service.
- Troubleshooting and repairing all makes of vehicles.
- Performing comprehensive vehicle inspections.
- Abiding by all safety directives, especially those for personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Learning specialty repairs and equipment unique to this client.
- Working on everything from backend repairs to brakes, carburetors, hose replacements etc., to equipment such as sprayers and pumps.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
More Good Reasons
Excellent benefits: In addition to the health and dental insurance already mentioned, we offer a 401(k) plan, short and long-term disability insurance, continuous training opportunities and much more.
Strong values: We're family owned, we value our people and we've created a culture based on strong values.
Grow your career: History shows that strong performers can move up to a Mobile Technician then a Lead or Manager role, or follow other paths within our company. With technicians nationwide, Dickinson is ripe with opportunity! Quick question for you - click here---
The stability of an industry leader: Our passion for quality work and excellent customer service have helped us dominate our market. Our customers include some of the nation's largest fleet operators.
If this sounds like the type of challenging and rewarding environment you'd like to be a part of, contact us today using the "Apply" button.
Keys to Success
We're looking for a self-starter who can work independently and hold him/herself to high standards -- someone who can be motivated and effective working in a shop where you will primarily work alone. In addition, to excel in this role you will have:
- A desire to improve your skills and grow professionally.
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- A safety mindset.
- A strong commitment to customer service.
- Pride in doing the job right.
Keywords: Dickinson Fleet Services, Sterling , Light & Medium Duty Fleet Technician, Professions , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!