Electrician - Journeyman - Sterling
Company: COMPU DYNAMICS LLC
Posted on: November 8, 2018
Description:Join our growing Electrical Team! Compu Dynamics has an immediate opening for a Journeyman Electrician covering the DC Metro area. Since 1982, Compu Dynamics has been a leading provider of critical power and precision cooling solutions for data centers, network facilities, server rooms, operations centers, points of presence and other communications facilities. Our manufacturer-certified service and installation technicians deliver turnkey, energy efficient solutions for some of the worlds most demanding information technology clients. Essential Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Determines method and sequence of proposed installation of electrical fixtures and equipment (AC/DC motors, control panels, PLC's, switches, and transformers)
2. Interprets plans, sketches, wiring diagrams, and specifications
3. Requisitions material, tools and equipment and maintains inventory
4. Installs and repairs control and distribution apparatus, including motors, relays, switches, thermostats, circuit-breaker panels, etc.
5. Measures, cuts, and bends wire and conduit
6. Troubleshoots issues and makes recommendations to resolve the situation
7. Operates hand tools, power tools, gauges and measuring equipment to perform installations or service to the equipment and/or mechanical system
8. Inspect and test components of electrical systems, including transformers, transfer switches and switch gears
9. Provides timely and completed documentation of work performed
10. Drives company vehicle throughout service area while following all local laws
11. Operates vehicles and other equipment safely; adheres to safety protocols; reports hazards and risks; behavior contributes to a safe and secure working environment Corresponding military codes: 3E051, 12R, 270, EM Compu Dynamics offers a comprehensive benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with dollar for dollar company match, various voluntary benefits, Employer paid life insurance, 7 Holidays, paid parental leave, paid volunteer time off, up to 3 weeks accrued PTO, etc. Compu Dynamics, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening, background/criminal check, and motor vehicle check. :
Required Education and Experience:
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. 4-8 years experience in the field or related area
3. Journeyman license in VA/MD or DC
4. Valid drivers license in good standing Preferred Education and Experience:
1. Experience with Data Centers7
Keywords: COMPU DYNAMICS LLC, Sterling , Electrician - Journeyman - Sterling, Professions , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!