Sanitation Driver Helper
Posted on: September 22, 2018
As part of the hiring process, we ask all candidates to complete an online application at: #jobDetails=341736_5123 Job SummaryDriver Helper teams with Route Driver and assists in the collection of Waste and/or Recyclable material. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Works in accordance with People Ready and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
- Manually or mechanically load and empty residential and/or commercial containers into truck.
- Containers maybe staged curbside, dockside, carryout, or require pullout to complete service.
- Operates hoisting device to lift and empty bins or containers into truck hopper.
- Assists driver with all backing maneuvers while on route.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs. Education: Not Required.Experience: Six (6) months of relevant work experience preferred but not required. Must be at least 18 years of age.Legally eligible to work in the United States.Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, and criminal history. Work EnvironmentListed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 100 pounds frequently. Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to 100 lbs.Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or riding in a video/GPS monitored vehicle.Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday. I can be reached at if you have any questions and/or concerns. - Muriel Or stop by our branch at: People Ready Vienna8501 Tyco Rd, Suite 1C Vienna Virginia 22182Monday - Wednesday10am - 2pm JB.0.00.LN
Keywords: PeopleReady, Sterling , Sanitation Driver Helper, Professions , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!