Company: NOVA Parks
Posted on: November 20, 2023
The Maintenance position performs a variety of manual labor jobs
with varying degree of skill needed to assist with the maintenance
of park grounds, equipment, and facilities. This position is
part-time, up to 40 hours a week with health benefits offered. Pay
Rate: $14.50 per hour
Major Duties/Specific Tasks
- Mow grass using a variety of equipment which may include push
mowers, tractors and/or specialized lawn equipment.
- Perform various landscape maintenance to include weeding,
mulching edging and raking.
- Operate small engine equipment such as chain saws, backpack
blowers and line trimmers.
- Establish plant beds, plant flowers, bulbs, shrubs, and trees,
and maintain planted areas.
- Pick up litter and debris.
- Perform facility maintenance such as repairing and staining
picnic tables, installing and repairing fences, replacing light
bulbs, and preparing for special events.
- Assist with repair and/or maintenance of electrical, plumbing
and HVAC systems.
- Operate park vehicles which may include pickup trucks, 4-wheel
motorcycles, dump trucks and garbage trucks.
- Clean & organize maintenance shop.
- Clean restroom & picnic shelters.
- Assist with routine maintenance/repair of equipment to include
changing oil, oil filters, replacing worn parts, and making minor
- Sharpen or replace worn blades on mowers; replace string on
line trimmers; sharpen or replace worn chain saw chains.
- Prepare and load equipment & tools for use and/or to
- Run errands to retrieve and/or delver parts, etc.
- Perform manual labor and related work as required.
- Assist with public relations by handling visitor inquiries, and
providing information and assistance.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and in-service
- Report unsafe conditions to the Park Maintenance
- Carry out additional duties as assigned by the Park Maintenance
Supervisor or Supervisor on Duty. Minimum Qualifications
- Must be age 18 or over.
- High school diploma with minimum of one year experience in park
maintenance work, or any equivalent combination of education,
training, or experience.
- Ability to operate small engine equipment properly and
- Ability to operate a variety of vehicles with standard
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to make minor repairs on
- Knowledge of park maintenance procedures and equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with the
- Ability to learn the operation of the facility.
- Strength and dexterity necessary to perform all required tasks,
including lifting, stooping, bending, and working in tiring and
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor in a variety of weather
- Availability to work a variable work schedule, which may
include early and late hours, and weekends and holidays.
- Ability to understand and follow oral instructions.
- Possession of or ability to obtain valid driver's license, must
maintain safe driving record.
- Required to purchase and wear standard uniform.
Please see job description
Keywords: NOVA Parks, Sterling , Maintenance, Professions , Ashburn, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!