Maintenance Technician II
Company: Servicon Systems Inc
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Servicon Systems, Inc.
EEO Statement: Equal Employment
Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Maintenance Technician IIUS-VA-SterlingJob ID: # of Openings:
1Category: Facilities MaintenanceRaytheon Dulles (Pacific)Overview
We are women-owned and operated, with nearly 50 years of expertise
as a leading environmental solutions provider, focused on infection
prevention for complex facilities. As a local, privately held
company, we are agile and can maneuver quickly to support the needs
of our people and clients. Our goal is to become a trusted partner,
not outsourced vendor. One of our greatest strengths is our Culture
of Caring. From our CEO to the front-line staff, Servicon embodies
our vision of creating healthy environments for people to thrive.
This results in greater client satisfaction and healthier outcomes.
Meticulous adherence to infection prevention standards interwoven
with compassionate service delivery is the key to success. Servicon
focuses on three essential elements for establishing a Culture of
Caring and Excellence: People, Programs, and Performance. These
components represent our strong value alignment, positively
impacting patient care, infection prevention, and throughput.
Responsibilities The Maintenance Technician II is responsible for
successfully performing preventive and reactive building
maintenance (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, mechanical systems,
painting, general maintenance building repairs, and other similar
tasks) and office / facility moves (executive, general and
conference set ups and break downs) assigned and scheduled within
the timeframes established. This position is also responsible for
regular interaction with client's field management team, compliance
with client training and/or procedures, ensuring communication
processes are followed, work performed meets client's expectations
and industry standards, and validation / inspections of work
performed, and reports are completed on a timely basis.
- Promotes a safe work environment by complying with Servicon,
client, and regulatory policies and procedures; utilization of
personal protective equipment for the job being performed, Arc
Flash protection, Lock-Out / Tag-Out procedures; and ensuring other
safety requirements are strictly enforced and followed.
- Utilizes CMMS database, including PM / PdM, RM, asset,
inventory, and work order information.
- Works from product/equipment manufacturer's blueprints,
drawings, schematics, sketches, specifications, installation
layouts, process standards, ordinances, codes, written or verbal
instructions to obtain locations, tolerances, adjustments,
settings, troubleshooting procedures and safety instructions.
- Conducts repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent
possible breakdown or major overhaul of equipment. Troubleshoot
equipment controls and systems to identify component failures.
- Reports any maintenance concerns for correction, repair or
replacement to direct supervisor immediately.
- Performs Predictive and Reactive Maintenance services on basic
HVAC/R, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting and other similar
building maintenance services.
- Organizes parts, materials, equipment and tools to ensure
Preventive Maintenance, Planned Services, Reactive Demand and
Planned Jobs work is conducted in a timely and cost-effective
- Helps ensure equipment and tools are available and in good
operating order and brings new technology to the attention of the
client for evaluation.
- Supports inventory and ordering of approved OEM parts, supplies
and materials and monitors utilization to ensure efficient and
- Attends safety meetings, on the spot correction, counseling and
retraining of unsafe practices observed, and adherence to corporate
training programs and schedules.
- Utilizes basic project and time management skills.
- Problem-solving skills to translate customer requirements into
- Understands and follows all building codes. HVAC/R
- Maintains accurate AQMD Freon records as required if Technician
holds a Universal EPA certification.
- Daily equipment checks (trap runs) of critical facility
equipment, maintaining accurate logs for equipment such as
chillers, boilers, air compressors, lighting, restroom fixtures and
other assets as required by client.
- Working knowledge of fire systems (water, gas), assess panel,
ability to trouble shoot alarms/issues.
- Works on waste water systems to include DI water, LN 2 GN2,
compressed air vac systems, CO2 PAINTING
- Prepares surfaces for painting by removing old paint using
paint removers, scrapers, wire brushes or blowtorches.
- Fills nail holes, cracks, and joints with caulk, putty,
plaster, or other fillers using a caulking gun or a putty knife.
- Primes surfaces as necessary.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and
procedures within paint industry.
- Applies paint, varnishes, and stains to interior and/or
exterior surfaces. MOVING
- Ability to use moving equipment (dollies, panel carts,
gondolas, small gentry, fork lift) and select proper equipment for
job requirements, including rigging equipment and specialized
- Read layouts from Facilities Planning staff.
- Lifts 50-70 pounds safely.
- Identifies potential move hazards and provides safe work
- Knowledge of furniture panel systems (Haworth)
- Installs work space cubes.
- Performs basic office furniture repair (chairs, desks).
- Supports special events as required (Set up, move, break down).
- Lay out changes in Auto cad, read furniture drawings,
construction blueprints, guide and pull work orders, determine
equipment needed for moves.
- Connect and reconnect computers
- General furniture cleaning after construction or move.
- Understanding of ergonomic products (keyboard trays, chairs,
desks, etc.) and proper installation Audio/Visual
- Installs and runs wire. Installs switch plates. All
- Adapts to fast-paced, dynamic facilities environment.
- Assists in keeping the grounds and buildings free of trash and
- Works with team members to complete necessary maintenance,
painting and/or moves as needed.
- Communicates with client representatives to clarify,
troubleshoot and/or resolve issues as necessary.
- Reports immediately any incident to the immediate supervisor,
following company and client procedures, and completing applicable
reports providing details of the incident.
- Other jobs and duties as personally identified or assigned to
meet the highest standards of quality, service and cost
effectiveness Some employees may required to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 (14 days after final dose) prior to hire or have a
qualifying legal exemption.
Keywords: Servicon Systems Inc, Sterling , Maintenance Technician II, Professions , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!