Operations System Controls Technician
Posted on: January 15, 2023
CyrusOne data centers have multiple components such as
generators, uninterruptable power sources, diesel generators,
electrical switchgear, power distribution units, variable frequency
drives, automatic/static transfer switches, chillers [air-cooled
and water-cooled], pumps, cooling towers, heat exchangers, CRAHs,
air economizers, etc. All these components have local control
systems that interact with each other via open and/or proprietary
communications protocols. The building automation system (BAS) is
the primary method of control of all mechanical systems within a
data center. The electrical power monitoring system (EPMS) is the
primary method of monitoring all electrical systems within a data
center. As part of the global controls team, you will work with
highly motivated experts and innovators in the data center
industry. You will be responsible for innovating, deploying,
optimizing, and maintaining the BAS and EPMS.Essential
- Troubleshoot and perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) or
Corrective Action (CA) for Control Systems for CyrusOne data
- Possess, understand, and apply controls fundamental concepts,
practices, and procedures to manage scope of Building Automation
System (BAS) and Electrical Power Monitoring System (EPMS) in
operational CyrusOne Data Centers.
- Train and assist internal customers and stakeholders with the
creation, design, configuration, validation, installation,
commissioning, and operation of BAS and EPMS systems.
- Provide technical assistance and support to internal customers
during life cycle of the data center.
- Complete and implement assigned work within agreed upon scope,
schedule, and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
- Review controls sequence of operation and provide feedback for
construction of CyrusOne data centers.
- Schedule and supervise maintenances for BAS and EPMS.
- Provide vendor management.
- Participate in CYRUSONE global on-call schedule to provide
immediate BAS and EPMS
- Technical support to in-service data centers.
- Attend project related meetings, coordinate with project
leaders and regularly report status to Controls Management.
- Review and provide feedback on mechanical, electrical, and
plumbing (MEP) drawings.
- Develop controls bill of material (BOM).
- Develop and modify controls logic programming.
- Develop and modify graphical user interface.
- Grow in technical ability by learning a multitude of different
- Develop scope of work for site improvement projects.
- Manage and work under tight project timelines.
- Manage multiple stakeholder deliverables, requirements, and
navigate difficult situations.
- Financially manage BAS and EPMS service contracts.
- Frequently visit assigned in-operation data centers to
supervise vendors work to ensure compliance with the design,
sequence of operations (SOO) and applicable local codes.Minimum
- High School diploma required.
- Experience with industrial controls in critical environment
(data center, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, oil & gas,
petrochemical, laboratory, power, water etc.).
- Knowledge computer networking and HVAC and/or electrical power
- Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with
internal stakeholders, vendors, or customers
- Excellent communication skills, teamwork, organizational and
- Experience with automation controls in data centers or other
- TCP/IP, BACnet and/or MODBUS communication protocol
- 3+ years of Controls related experience.Education:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or other related
engineering degrees preferred.Work environment:
- Fast paced environment
- Travel requiredCyrusOne is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or
other legally protected status.CyrusOne provides reasonable
accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in
accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and any
other state or local laws. We will respond to requests for
reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions
at CyrusOne, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an
accommodation, please contact our Human Resources at 214.488.1365
(Option 7) or by email at HR@cyrusone.com .CyrusOnes data center
offerings provide the flexibility, reliability, and security that
enterprise customers require and are delivered through a tailored,
customer service-focused platform designed to foster long-term
relationships. CyrusOnes National IX platform provides robust
connectivity options to drive revenue, reduce expenses, and improve
service quality for enterprises, content, and telecommunications
companies. CyrusOne is committed to full transparency in
communication, management, and service delivery throughout its more
than 30 data centers worldwide.The company provides
mission-critical data center facilities that protect and ensure the
continued operation of IT infrastructure for hundreds of customers,
including many of the Fortune 20 the Fortune 1000 lists of
Keywords: CyrusOne, Sterling , Operations System Controls Technician, Professions , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!