Dispatcher - Fleet Operations
Company: Victory Van Corporation
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Dispatcher - Fleet Operations
Salary: $18 - $24 an hour
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday to Friday & Weekend availability
- US work authorization (Required)
- Dispatching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Profit sharing
- Health savings account
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
Full Job Description
Victory Van Corporation is currently seeking a Dispatcher to assist
our Local Operations Department with dispatching vehicles and
employees daily while coordinating other operational activities. As
a Dispatcher, you will be in direct daily contact with customers
and crews for moves. It is critically important to maintain contact
with the leader of each crew to ensure jobs are being performed
according to established guidelines in a timely fashion and that
sufficient materials/equipment are available to complete the work.
This position requires strong leadership, motivation, and
discipline, as well as a positive, service-oriented attitude with
exceptional problem-solving skills
- Foster a team-oriented work environment & maintain positive
relationships with crew, customers, sales coordinators, and sales
- Review and coordinate daily operations requirements and assign
crews and resources accordingly.
- Ensure all crews are dispatched in a timely manner in
compliance with the dispatch schedule.
- Maintains contact with on-site supervisors as necessary to
ensure and efficient and effective service experience for the
- Management of policies, programs, and procedures for dispatch
operations, including schedules, rates, routes, assignment of
drivers and vehicles, and other operational activities.
- Analyzes proposed schedules and rates, initiates preparation
and distribution of proposed trip schedule changes, and submits
analyses of data and rescheduling recommendations to Operations
Manager and/or administration.
- Works directly with the Safety & Compliance department and
driver fleet to ensure compliance, adherence to regulations, permit
requirements, licensing and driver qualification.
- Coordinate a variety of warehouse activities through the
Warehouse Manager and assigned operations teams.
- Collaborates with the Operations Manager to monitor the
proficiency of the crews and recommends process improvements and
training solutions to enhance the service to the client.
- Ability to read, interpret documents and apply; safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Ability to prepare routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate with drivers and helpers to ensure
service is provided in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of the organization.
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram
- Ability to resolve problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Familiarity with current safety guidelines and restrictions.
Plans are developed for trips ensuring all vehicles are run safely
and within DOT guidelines.
- Collaborative team player.
Keywords: Victory Van Corporation, Sterling , Dispatcher - Fleet Operations, Professions , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!