Local Driver (CDL Class-B) - Residential Services
Company: JK Moving Services
Posted on: September 5, 2020
Join our team of skilled moving professionals servicing move
projects for corporate clients. Today, JK is the largest owned and
operated, independent moving company in North America, and the
mover of choice for U.S. presidents, professional athletes, Fortune
500 companies, government agencies and families around the
Reasons you'll love working here:
In addition to comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance,
JK Moving offers:
* Earn more: You can expect a competitive wage and reliable weekly
paycheck when you work for JK Moving Services.
* Career development: Many of our driver employees become leaders
in move managers, CDL-A drivers (Paid CDL Training), operations,
customer support, and other areas. See where your JK Moving journey
can take you.
* Benefits: Our range of benefits can include health care, vision
and dental, employee discounts, discounted membership @Gold s Gyms
nationwide, 401(k) savings plans, profit sharing, paid time off and
* Stay active: You'll be on the move for your whole shift in our
What you'll be doing:
* Drives a tractor-trailer combination transporting and delivering
household goods and furniture from origin to destination..
* Inspects truck for defects before and after trips and submits
report indicating truck condition.
* Responsible for maintaining clean, safe, operating condition of
assigned vehicles and equipment.
* Maintains driver log according to FMCSA regulations.
* Adheres to all safety, OSHA, and DOT regulations in accordance
with the Company s Safety Program and initiatives.
* Manages on-site crews to ensure efficient and effective service
and delivery to clients and homeowners.
* Actively participates in moving materials, equipment, furniture,
household goods, and managing packing and crating of valuables and
* Maintains tool kit for the installation, assembly and breakdown
of furniture, cubicles, or other items for transport.
* Acts as liaison with customer service reps, dispatch, and
warehouse staff to meet Company s obligations to the client.
* Responsible for accurate and complete transactions on all
paperwork; securing signatures, collection of payment, and
reconciliation of discrepancies.
* Submit paperwork to Dispatchers to validate crew man-hours and
report any incidents.
What we are looking for:
* Active Class "B" CDL License
* Prior moving & storage or furniture delivery experience a
* Experience as a crew leader or supervisor a plus
* Must pass a DOT physical, background investigation, and
pre-employment drug screening.
* REQUIRED 1+ years of experience driving with a commercial
* Candidate must have good communication skills and capable of
* Reliable, punctual, and available for flexible work
About JK Moving Services
As the largest independent mover in North America, JK delivers
superior relocation and logistics services to military service
members, government agencies, large corporations, businesses and
homeowners around the world .and the list goes on! JK actively
seeks dedicated professionals ready to positively impact domestic
and global communities.
As a SmartCEO 2016 Corporate Culture Award winner, JK places high
standards on the care of its employees. From charitable giving to
competitive compensation to fun corporate events, JK invests in
each employee s professional and personal growth. This level of
commitment sets JK apart from other companies why not consider
joining JK Moving Services today!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Keywords: JK Moving Services, Sterling , Local Driver (CDL Class-B) - Residential Services, Professions , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!