Principal Software Engineer - Mission Systems Autonomy (Remote)
Company: Raytheon Technologies Corp
Posted on: March 18, 2023
United States of America
HVA34: Sterling, VA 22640 Davis Dr , Sterling, VA, 20164-7104 USA
Position Role Type:
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Principal Software Engineer - Mission Systems Autonomy (Remote)
The Mission Systems Engineering Autonomy & Mission Engineering Solutions (AMES) Department is seeking a dynamic Software Engineer to support Autonomous and Unmanned Systems. The successful candidate will have a passion for innovation and the drive to see new technology and capability mature into systems solutions. This role would be responsible for supporting the development of emerging technologies and differentiators into our Mission Systems solutions on key programs within the autonomous & unmanned markets. This includes development, integration, and test of autonomous systems and behaviors, advanced communications management, vehicle navigation and control, and other advanced system technologies.
The successful candidate will be part of a distributed team composed of professionals from several disciplines and must have the ability to function well, both alone and with others, and have strong interpersonal skills. This position may require occasional travel (up to 10%.). This position does require that candidate has a final US DoD security clearance, or ability to obtain a final security clearance (US Citizenship is required) in order to access classified information.
* Bachelor's degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations OR Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years experience OR In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required
* Must be a U.S. Citizen
* Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
* Proficient with C++
* Experience in Software / Subsystem integration
* Capable of estimating, tracking, and communicating cost, schedule, and risk in support of program earned value metrics
* Good written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment
* Good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks while balancing priorities and schedules
* Experience working effectively in highly collaborative environments and a demonstrated ability to take ownership of tasks and lead technical efforts spanning multiple stakeholders
* Self-sufficient and able to work independently, owning the responsibility to collaborate and seek guidance/support as needed.
* Experience with DevSecOps tools and techniques
* Familiar with one or more build tools / IDEs (e.g. CMake, make, Visual Studio projects)
* Demonstrated experience with tools such as JIRA, Git, Subversion, Docker, and requirements management applications
* Experience contributing to design definition and roadmaps
* Experience Leading and coordinating of Software execution for small teams, including technical aspects as well as program cost and schedule.
* Experience with executing Research and Development / Science and Technology Programs, delivering new technologies to internal and external customers
* Understanding of DoD open systems architecture and protocols (FACE, JCA, HOST, OMS, SOSA, Joint Common Architecture, etc.)
* Experience with containers, virtualization, simulation
* Experience Leading and coordinating the development of technical proposals as well as program level cost estimates during the bid and proposal cycle.
* Background and/or knowledge of the following technologies is helpful but not required:
* UAS Command and Control Systems
* Autonomy Algorithms
* Detect and Avoid
* Guidance and Navigation
* Flight Management Systems
* Sensor Fusion / Sensor Systems
* Weapons Systems
* Human / machine interface
* Information Assurance
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
* Tuition reimbursement
* Life insurance and disability coverage
* Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
* Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
* Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
* Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
* Autism Benefit
* Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
* Adoption Assistance
* Best Doctors, second opinion program
* And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
The salary range for this role is 94,000 USD - 196,000 USD; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate's work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Raytheon Technologies Corp, Sterling , Principal Software Engineer - Mission Systems Autonomy (Remote), Other , Sterling, Virginia
here to apply!