General Clerk III
Company: Ukpeagvik Inupiat
Posted on: March 16, 2023
GENERAL CLERK III (ICE-VA-2023-18076-F):
Bowhead seeks a General Clerk III who will be assigned to specific Chief Counsel Offices, or sub / satellite locations within that Counsel's area of operation. The Chief Counsel's office handles confidential and high level documentation and is part of the Department of Homeland Security. The duties primarily include maintaining and organizing files, conducting research, and drafting documents. The General Clerk III follows clearly detailed procedures in performing repetitive tasks in the same sequence. Responsibilities may include filing pre-coded documents in a chronological file, or operating office equipment, (e.g., mimeograph, photocopy, addressograph or mailing machine).
This position is full time, benefits eligible at an hourly rate of $21.47 plus H&W (Health and Welfare) rate per local wage determination. The location is Sterling, VA.
Other general clerical duties include:
* Mail Management, including paper and electronic correspondence and packages
* Receive, open date stamp, sort and distribute in-bound mail
* Interfile correspondence in case files
* Respond to internal and external file requests
* Utilize the National File Tracking System (NFTS) to locate files and for internal and external file transfers
* Research, identify, review and select relevant documents for production
* Comply with ICE AND NARA (National Archives and Records Administration) document standardization policy and procedures
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Minimum of one (1) year experience in an administrative office environment required.
* Extensive computer/PC knowledge required including; spreadsheet software, word processing software and knowledge of MS Office Suite.
* Must be able to successfully pass a federal background investigation* and pre-employment drug screen. * Federal background investigation includes, but is not limited to, citizenship status, residency information, work experience, education, credit history, criminal record check, and fingerprints.
* Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds
* Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
* Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the DHS ICE T2 level.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire.
Keywords: Ukpeagvik Inupiat, Sterling , General Clerk III, Other , Sterling, Virginia
here to apply!