Chevy Service Advisor
Company: Ted Britt Auto Group
Posted on: January 27, 2023
- Competitive Pay
- Ongoing professional training
- Excellent benefits package including
- Life, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident
- Legal Shield
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with employer match
- Paid Holiday, Sick and Vacation TimeSummaryAutomotive service
advisors greet customers, listen to their description of the
problems or service needed, determine the type of service required
and prepare repair orders. If a vehicle requires additional repairs
not covered in the original order, they estimate the additional
cost and telephone the customer for permission to do the work. They
also advise customers on other available services.Essential Duties
- Advises customers about necessary service for routine
- Helps identify a mechanical problem by questioning the customer
or doing a visual inspection or road test.
- Confers with customers about inspection results, recommend
corrective procedures and prepare work order for needed
- Prepares a repair order showing time, cost and labor estimates
- Writes a brief description of the customer's concern on the
repair order to help the technician locate the problem.
- Explains the work performed and the repair order charges to the
- Handles customer complaints.
- Schedules service appointments.
- Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when
- Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner and obtains
- Test drives the vehicle with customer as needed to confirm the
problem or refer to test technician.
- Refers to service history, inspects vehicle, and recommends
additional needed service.
- Advises customers on the care of their cars and the value of
maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers'
- Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for
labor and parts.
- Establishes promised time. Checks with dispatcher, if
- Obtains customer's signature on repair order; provides customer
with a copy.
- Establishes customer's method of payment. Obtains credit
approval, if necessary.
- Notifies dispatcher of incoming work.
- Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts
customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time,
explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper
authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
- Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed, and
additional work and authorization is noted. Closes repair order as
- Keeps service department forms, menus and pricing guides
- Implements a quality control process to eliminate
- Maintains high customer satisfaction standards.
- Handles telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Other tasks as assignedRequirements:To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.Language Skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram
form.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications a plus
- Manufacturer Training
- Valid Driver's LicensePI202104608
Keywords: Ted Britt Auto Group, Sterling , Chevy Service Advisor, Other , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!