Donor Specialist 1
Company: Inova Health System
Posted on: September 21, 2022
As a Donor Specialist 1, you will balance productivity, customer
service and compliance to ensure the integrity of the collection
process and donor experience. To help achieve our mission, you will
demonstrate safe phlebotomy procedures for the blood collection
from donors and patients. Your ability to screen donors to assess
suitability for blood donation is of vital importance.
* Maintains an error rate of less than one percent on a monthly
* Consistently upholds quality standards to ensure the safety,
purity and potency of all blood products.
* Follows current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) as required
by FDA. Demonstrates familiarity with Inova Health System's Quality
Plan including training, materials management, error prevention,
quality control, quality assurance and quality management.
* Receives and greets volunteer blood donors and confirms donor
* Registers volunteer blood donors using FDA regulated Blood
Establishment Computer System (BECS). Reviews donor history
questionnaire (DHQ) to assess donor suitability for blood donation
and to ensure that all FDA, AABB and IBDS requirements have been
* Reports all safety concerns promptly and completely.
* Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with team
members to optimize job performance to Inova's mission, vision and
* Maintains a clean and orderly workspace. Keeps area well stocked
and notifies appropriate personnel of shortages.
* High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
* Active Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Must be completed
through the American Heart Association.
* Valid Driver's License required.
Keywords: Inova Health System, Sterling , Donor Specialist 1, Other , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!