Sr. Property Adjuster (Field) - CAT Team - Northern Virginia
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Purpose of Job Let s do something that really matters.
We have an important mission: serving the members of the military
community and their families. It s both a chance to say thank you
and the opportunity to put your talents to work in a meaningful
way. To do it right, we need the right people. We re looking for
those who share our values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and
service. Because what we do is just as important as how we do
Military Veterans and spouses are highly encouraged to apply!
We are looking for experienced Sr. Property Field Adjusters in the
Northern VA area - Fairfax, Loudon or Prince William County. A
company vehicle is provided.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Dedicated Catastrophe
Team, serving members impacted by catastrophe events with a primary
focus on wind and hail events. Adjusters in this role will focus on
utilizing technology and desk adjusting for a virtual first
approach to inspections and claims handling and will also be
responsible for physically inspecting losses within their locally
assigned territory. Field Adjusters in this role may expect to
travel outside of their local territory to respond to catastrophes
in other regions when needed.
As a Senior Property Insurance Adjuster, you will work within
established guidelines and framework to investigate, evaluate,
negotiate, and settle moderate to large loss complex property
insurance claims presented by or against our members. You will
confirm and analyzes coverage, recognize liability exposure and
negotiate equitable settlements in compliance with all state
regulatory requirements. Job Requirements Tasks:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Manage assigned claims caseload comprised of claims with
complex damages including specialty claims. Updates initial reserve
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to
facilitate complex claims. May also involve external regulatory
coordination to ensure appropriate documentation and
- Investigates claim damages by conducting research from various
sources, including the insured, third parties, and external
- Proactively identifies and engages in additional confirmation
of potential discrepancies involving complicated situations.
- Serves as a resource for less experienced staff, providing
informal coaching as appropriate.
- Identifies coverage concerns, reviews prior loss history,
determines and creates Special Investigation Unit (SIU) referrals,
when appropriate Determines coverage through analyzing information
involving complex policy terms and contingencies.
- Communicates with insured about coverage or any issues that
involve additional information or considerations regarding
- Determines and negotiates complex claims settlement. Makes
recommendations to management for settlement amounts outside of
- Maintains accurate and current claim file documentation
throughout the claims process for complex claims.
- Proficient knowledge of estimating technology platforms.
Utilizes platforms to prepare claims estimates in order to manage
complex property insurance claims.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe (CAT) operations as
needed to include working significant overtime; may involve
deployment travel during designated CATs.
- May act as an informal resource for team members with less
- Recognizes and solves obstacles that occurs in the claims
process without supervisory approval.
- May require limited travel to resolve claims and conduct
in-person inspections.Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- 2 years relevant property claims adjusting experience of
moderate complexity that includes writing estimates involving
dwelling and structural damages.
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) adjuster
license and state registrations within 90 days of hire.
- Proficient knowledge of Xactimate or similar estimating
- Advanced knowledge estimating losses of moderate
- Proficient knowledge of property claims contracts and
interpretation of case law.
- Demonstrated negotiation, investigation, communication and
conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the year (local & non-local) and/or
work catastrophe duty when needed.
- Developing knowledge of residential construction.Preferred
- US military service or military spouse
- Property field adjuster experience handling DWG, APS and ALE
- Deployments in support of catastrophes
- Experience adjusting property claims using virtual
- Bachelor s degree
- Insurance Industry designations such as AINS, CPCU, AIC,
- Xactimate Level 1 and/or Level 2 certification
- Currently hold an active P&C Adjuster License
- Currently reside within or have the ability to self-relocate
within the Fairfax, Loudon or Prince William County, VA
areaPhysical Demand Requirements:
- May require the ability to crouch and stoop to inspect confined
spaces, to include attics and go beneath homes into crawl
- May need to meet all USAA safe driving requirements including
verification of driving record through MVR & possession of valid
driver s license.
- May require the ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds to
include lifting a ladder in and out of the trunk of a car.
- May require the ability to climb ladders and traverse roofs,
this includes the ability to work at heights while inspecting roofs
and attics.Compensation: USAA has an effective process for
assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The hiring range for this position
is: $60,300 - $108,600. (This is an hourly non-exempt position,
with overtime potential.) Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or
at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium: Addressed
on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.To see
details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total Rewards.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Sterling , Sr. Property Adjuster (Field) - CAT Team - Northern Virginia, Other , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!