Inspector 3 (Space/Satellite Systems)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 4, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making
- Perform in-process and final inspections on cable/wire
harnesses, to include a review of the associated product build
- Confirm acceptable quality standards and workmanship practices
in assigned work centers by learning/practicing process
specifications and using workmanship standards during everyday job
- Identify discrepant conditions and generate nonconformance
reports for discrepancies discovered during inspection
- Perform audits of work areas to ensure compliance with ISO
9001/AS 9100 procedures.
- Perform in-depth reviews of product build documentation for
configuration audit to determine if as-built meets
- Develop training material for assigned work center PA
- Train and mentor new hires or less-experienced personnel in at
least one skill identified on the PA skills matrix for assigned
area of work.
- Review nonconformities and provide feedback to authors on
coding selections, defect descriptions, and other key attributes of
NCR's. When needed, provide insights for review boards (PMRB, MRB,
or FRB) to help with disposition or RCCA. Basic Qualifications:
- High School diploma/equivalent
- U.S. citizen
- 6+ years of related experience
- Fluent in use of Microsoft applications and ability to learn
new computer programs/applications easily.
- Excellent technical writing skills are required.
- Strong work ethic and good attitude - it should be evident from
output of work that the best possible effort was given.
- Personal initiative to become engaged in assigned work area
without needing to be constantly coached or led to next
- Must be able to read engineering documentation and inspect to
drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental
- Willingness to work 2nd shift activities and occasional
overtime or weekend support is required
- Have held workmanship certifications at previous employment
locations for manufacturing standards (e.g. IPC-A-620, NASA 8739
- Previous experience working in ISO-certified company and using
Process Specifications or Military Standards to inform inspection
or work activities.Preferred Qualifications:
- Well-versed in use of TIPQA and/or Costpoint database
- Knowledge in how to read schematics and wirelists.
- Active workmanship certifications from accreditation/standards
companies, such as IPC.
- Associates (2 year) degree from accredited institution.
- Supervisory or Leadership experience. Salary Range: $29 USD -
$48 USD Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in
addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward
individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in
company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions
may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop
Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance
coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid
holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal
business. The health and safety of our employees and their families
is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain
up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman
employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have
an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant
to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently
stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order
14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .Northrop
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Sterling , Inspector 3 (Space/Satellite Systems), Other , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!