Senior OpenShift Application Support Specialist
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Peraton is seeking a Senior OpenShift Application Support
Specialist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This
position will be located in Rosslyn, VA or Herndon, VA, as
preferred. The qualified applicant will become part of Department
of State (DOS) Consular Affairs Enterprise Infrastructure
Operations (CAEIO) Program, for the Bureau of Consular Affairs
(CA). This initiative is intended to provide IT Operations and
Maintenance to modernize and legacy networks, applications, and
databases supporting CA services globally.
Day to Day Work Responsibilities:
- Operates and maintains CA environment.
- Works with EIO database and infrastructure teams, other
contractor teams and partner organizations to establish and
maintain CA systems.
- Performs root cause analysis and documents all existing and
potential problems and outages associated with corrective
- Ensures that all problems/incidents are logged into the Ticket
Management System and managed.
- Participate in planning meetings to execute proactive system
upgrades and new technology implementations.
- Update government task manager (GTM) on production issues and
- Actively look for opportunities to automate routine
processes.Standard Operating Procedures
- Review SOPs for procedures related to maintaining CA
- Work with staff to document proceduresStaff
- Ensure staff is trained in procedures and responsibilities
- Ensure staff is actively monitoring system and responding to
incidents as reported.
- Special attention paid to systems that are not part of
- Identify CA components that can be monitored by with
Zabbix/Grafana/Splunk dashboards and alerts, or other systems as
- Coordinate with monitoring team on updates to CA servers and
configurations that affect monitoring services (new/removed
- Coordinate with development and database teams on planning and
implementation of upgraded or new components
- Maintain list of scheduled production events - ensure timing
does not conflict with operations requirements
- Provide required notifications of upcoming deploymentsReporting
- Provide weekly activity report of recent and upcoming activity.
Identify issues that need to be addressed with the client.
- Provide weekly supplements of a incidents handled by staff
- Provide daily notification of today's activities, on-going or
just-completed incidents, and imminent upcoming eventsBasic
- US Citizenship and minimum active Secret clearance with the
ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- BS degree and 10-12 years experience and MS degree and 8-10
years experience or high school diploma/equivalent and minimum 12
- Must have a deep understanding of Tier 2 Windows and/or Linux
OS installation and configuration issues.
- Must have experience working with Open Shift container /
- Must have experience working with custom applications and
troubleshooting issues in a client server environment.
- Must have the ability to support Service Now tickets related to
Department of State, Consular Affairs systems and applications.
Experience working with Department of State
- Experience desired working with Siebel and/or Salesforce
application installations and troubleshooting
- Experience desired working application support and deployments
in a cloud environment.Peraton drives missions of consequence
spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the
galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and
transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and
highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies
that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued
partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence,
space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local
markets. Every day, our employees do the can't be done, solving the
most daunting challenges facing our customers.Colorado Salary
Colorado Salary Maximum: $214,900
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this
position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation
package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses,
short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In
addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.
Keywords: Peraton, Sterling , Senior OpenShift Application Support Specialist, Other , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!