Company: The Christman Company
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Looking for an exciting and rewarding career in commercial
construction? We're seeking Project Superintendent candidates for
construction projects in our Mid-Atlantic, DC Metro region. This
position will provide a great opportunity for a long-term thinker
to use their construction leadership expertise across a wide range
of markets and clients, leverages technology to increase efficiency
and effectiveness, participates in a broad range of project
planning and coordination duties, and grows with the company. The
role also offers opportunities to bring value by prompting team
members to recognize challenges early and plan ahead for important
project activities. Candidates with experience in government,
historic preservation, healthcare, and education markets are
In addition to a rewarding career in construction, Christman is an
ESOP owned company, offering competitive pay, a generous benefits
program, and promotes training and professional development.
As a leader for the construction project team, responsibilities
will include creating a safe work environment, organizing site
logistics, establishing a work place that achieves schedule
commitments, assuring construction quality, and monitoring and
tracking project progress and risks. This person will be
responsible for supporting and monitoring projects typically $5-120
million, establishing expectations for both the construction and
Qualified candidates will demonstrate:
* Work Planning: Plan and prioritize to achieve high-quality,
timely results within the context of project management. Dependable
and punctual for all work-related commitments.
* Relationships: Earn respect through construction knowledge and
positive problem solving. Develop productive relationships with
project team, contractors, design teams and clients.
* Communication: Strong communication skills, including excellent
ability to identify and understand requirements of the project team
and to participate in collaborative problem solving.
* Detail Orientation: Successfully ensure accuracy of project
documentation. Ensure compliance with applicable laws and
* Professionalism: Positive attitude and professional demeanor and
appearance and perform well under project constraints and
* Computer Skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and
proficient with project management software. Willingness to test
and implement new software technology.
* Math Skills: Numerical and analytical skills related to dimension
and layout, elevations, and production rates, and ability to apply
these skills to achieve project quality and adequate manpower.
* Learning Orientation: Pursue related educational and training for
job performance improvements and to share knowledge and debate
concepts with the Christman team.
Best suited candidates will possess the following
* Five to ten years of commercial construction experience as a
foreman or superintendent requiring professionalism and
* Progressive experience in skilled trades and/or a bachelor's
degree in civil engineering, construction management, or a related
* -OR- equivalent combination of the above education, training, and
* Successful completion of classes or other training in
construction management, project management, safety,
* Demonstrated interest in and ability to develop familiarity with
the site requirements, tools, methods, and materials of the full
range of trade divisions.
* Passion for team-based planning and problem-solving and
wholehearted commitment to building strong partnerships to support
* Candidates with experience in government, historic preservation,
healthcare, and education markets are preferred.
* Desires candidates who are able to travel and, at times,
The Christman family of companies is an equal opportunity employer
and values diversity.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Keywords: The Christman Company, Sterling , Project Superintendent, Other , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!