Company: Digitalspec Llc.
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Position: Senior Physicist/LeadBecome an integral part of a
diverse team. Currently DIGITALSPEC is seeking an experienced,
motivated, career and customer-oriented Senior Physicist/Lead to
join our team.Location: Tysons Corner/Falls Church, VA Education:
Must have a PhD in nuclear, fusion or condensed matter physics with
at least 3 years of postdoctoral experimental experience or
industry experience as principle scientist, preferably AMO, vacuum
science, or other fields utilizing single-particle detection
methods and spectroscopy. Clearance: U.S. Citizens Only who have
resided in the US for the past 5 years. Must be able to obtain a
CBP SSBI clearance with DHS.
Description: Looking for a highly resourceful and motivated
candidate who is hands-on in three areas: low energy nuclear
physics, data scientist, and development SME on program in
providing services to DHS/CBP. The candidate will have experience
working on and managing small projects in a research group, hands
on with building equipment and software, electronics, and
mechanical design.The candidate will serve as project(s) leader and
mentor to assigned scientists and developers, determines project
scope, timelines, and implementation details. Candidate also:
- Liaises with external government entities (client and support
organizations). Invents and implements methods and algorithms for
threat determination and failure analysis.
- Writes and reviews code to accomplish mission goals.
- Gives input on staffing levels and allocation.
- Reviews changes requests and proposals; strategizes future
- Must be able to develop a clear vision of projects and move
quickly to build proof of concept.
- Must have demonstrated professional experience in analytic
- Excellent oral communicator with significant public speaking
- Understanding of common modes of nuclear detection,
particularly scintillation, proportional counting, and
- Understanding of modes of nuclear decay and spectral signatures
of each type.
- Knowledge of nuclear technology, including reactors and
- Knowledge of X-ray (MeV energy) imaging of large objects is
- Mastery of Python, including software design, implementation in
built in classes and data structures.
- Experience with common scientific toolsets using
Pandas/NumPy/SciPy/Sci-Kit Learn and Jupyter.
- Knowledge of Keras/TensorFlow or Torch greatly preferred.
- Mastery of systems level, object-oriented languages, including
at least one of C++, C#, or Java.
- Deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms, operating
systems, and low-level computer science.
- Familiarity with unit and integration testing schemes, version
control (Git), and modern front-end web technologies like React,
Angular, Vue, JQuery, and RxJs.
- Proficiency with database querying in SQL, including knowledge
of indexing/partitioning and paging methods, aggregation, and
performance tuning. Familiarity with Data Access Object pattern and
object-relational mappers such as SQLAlchemy, Django, Hibernate, or
- Expert in probability, statistics, and analysis; to include
classical statistics and hypothesis testing, Bayesian methods,
ANOVA, regression analysis, Fourier and wavelet analysis,
time-series analysis, and generalized linear models.
- Knowledge of common machine learning techniques (random
forests, support vector machines, neural networks, Markov models)
and associated numerical techniques (gradient descent,
backpropagation, sampling, Markov Chain Monte Carlo, regularization
techniques).Corporate Performance Standards: In the performance of
their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to
conform to the following: 1. Perform quality work within deadlines
with or without direct supervision. 2. Interact professionally with
other employees, customers and suppliers. 3. Work effectively as a
team contributor on all assignments.4. Work independently while
understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work
efforts with other employees and organizations.by Jobble
Keywords: Digitalspec Llc., Sterling , Sr. Scientist/Physicist, Other , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!