Internship - Research and Development
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Schnabel was founded in 1959 in Washington D.C. by Harry V.
His commitment to innovation and operational efficiency was driven
by an intuitive understanding of what clients valued most - getting
out of the ground to street level as quickly, safely and
efficiently as possible.
Over 60 years later, and now with a national footprint, Schnabel
still prioritizes innovation and operational efficiency as a proven
pathway to success.
Learn first-hand how construction projects are executed in the
field and the role Project Managers play in the process. This
position will give you exposure to the relationships between
General Contractors, Subcontractors, Suppliers, Engineers, Project
Managers and Field Superintendents and how they communicate and
work together as a team.
During your internship, possible work assignments you will learn
and perform are...
- Working both in the corporate office and out in the field
- Reading construction drawings and documents/specifications
- Assisting field personnel with monitoring, surveying and other
tasks on the job-site
- Documenting on laptops and tablets productivity, installation
records, Daily Construction Reports, pictures and other Quality
- Summarizing historical job information including productivity
and monitoring results
- Working towards Bachelors or Masters in Civil Engineering
- Desire to be in the construction industry
- Ability to travel (use of a personal vehicle)
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal a must
- Computer skills such as Excel
Schnabel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to
providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Schnabel participates with EVerify.
Videos To Watch
Keywords: Schnabel, Sterling , Internship - Research and Development, Other , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!