Senior Software Engineer (Java - AWS)
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: October 15, 2021
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an
affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of
Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize
the nation's housing finance system while being part of an
inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will
help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise,
and make your career.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will contribute to team's
work in assessing, designing, and developing all aspects of a
release lifecycle of moderate complexity, including: development
and test activities, coordinating release preparation and
acceptance of new hardware and software, and collaborating across
development expertise domains.
You will administer and support enterprise level repository
tools including JFrog’s Artifactroy, GitLab, Apache Subversion,
Atlassian’s Bitbucket and Fisheye/Crucible, SonarQube, Nexus IQ
Server, and Nexus Repository platforms. Other experience with
Atlassian tools like Jira, Jira Service Desk, Confluence would be a
plus. Enterprise level support to work at the infrastructure
level of the tools hosting environments to develop, enable, and
maintain best practices through configuration, customization, and
integration with other systems.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Software Engineer/DevOps Engineer role will offer you
the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside
people who care so that you can deliver on the following
- Advise team and management on process improvements and
opportunities for automation.
- Plan and execute defined DevOps and related technical project
- Manage timely resolution of all critical and/or complex DevOps
- Gather and process inputs from DevOps, engineering, and IT
subject matter experts across the release lifecycle.
- Evaluate and support opportunities for alignment between IT
operations and the business.
- Administration of planning tools including Jira, Confluence,
Bitbucket, road mapping and distributed collaboration tools.
- Focus on maximizing stability, reliability, and
- Use AWS development knowledge and experience in
- Must have the ability to develop solutions using necessary
- Use knowledge of integration scripting: RESTful APIs
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- At least 2-4 years of experience in software engineering
- Some Experience with Java, Groovy, and Python
- Experience with administration and planning tools (Atlassian
- Experience with AWS
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 4-5 years of experience in administration of planning tools
(Atlassian tools preferred)
- AWS Certification
- Experience with Confluence
- Agile Best Practices
- Working knowledge of GitLab
- Knowledge of Cloud (AWS) and on-prem hosting
- Understanding of Rest APIs and how to build custom APIs
while ensuring the system is not compromised
- Migrating on-premise applications to AWS.
- Experience with infrastructure framework and
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling
opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are
committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation in the application process, email us at
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Sterling , Senior Software Engineer (Java - AWS), Other , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!