Cloud Security Architect
Company: CGI Group, Inc.
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Cloud Security Architect
CGI has an immediate need for a Cloud Security Architect to join
our financial services team in one of our selected CGI locations.
Due to the current COVID-19 status, candidates will not be required
to work within the physical work location at this time. When
COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, they will be required to be
located within the proximity of the assigned CGI location.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team
environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary
mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our
client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10
banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+
loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the
Your future duties and responsibilities
Hands-on experience with architecting, designing, implementing
cyber security solutions in cloud. Must have deep understanding of
cyber security in Cloud architecture and associated tools.
Candidate will work with a team responsible for a mission critical
business functions, and will partner with Infrastructure, DevOps
and Core practices like Security, Identity, CloudOps, Cloud
platform and tools teams to identify and implement Cyber security
principles to optimize, secure, enhance performance, and improve
overall system security.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• The group of skills related to Programming including coding,
debugging, and using relevant programming languages
• The group of skills related to Security including designing and
evaluating security systems, identifying security threats, securing
computers, assessing vulnerability, etc.
• The group of skills related to Relationship Management including
managing and engaging stakeholders, customers, and vendors,
building relationship networks, contracting, etc.
• Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and
answer critical questions
• Experience using software and computer systems' architectural
principles to integrate enterprise computer applications such as
xMatters, AWS Application Integration, or WebSphere
• Skilled in supporting, controlling, monitoring, and management of
large, complex, and sometimes geographically-dispersed IT
infrastructure and applications in order to optimize IT service
• Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in
a way that is engaging and easy to understand
• The group of skills related to Risk Assessment and Management
including evaluating and designing controls, conducting impact
assessments, identifying control gaps, remediating risk, etc.
• Skilled in establishing and maintaining consistency of a
product's performance, functional, and physical attributes with its
requirements, design, and operational information
• Experience identifying and determining levels of risk to an
organization's networks and systems using cybersecurity techniques
and tools such as penetration testing, application security, and
• Adept at managing project plans, resources, and people to ensure
successful project completion
• Experience identifying measures, or indicators of system
performance, and the actions needed to improve or correct
performance to achieve desired outcomes
• The group of skills related to Communication including
communicating in writing or verbally, copywriting, planning and
distributing communication, etc.
• Ability to frame ideas as systems and analyzing the inputs,
outputs, and process
• Working with people with different functional expertise
respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
• Skilled in cloud technologies and cloud computing
• The group of skills related to Influencing including negotiating,
persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving
• Expertise in developing websites for hosting via intranet or
Internet, which may also include web design, web content
development, scripting, and/or network security configuration
• Determining causes of operating errors and taking corrective
• The group of skills related to Operational Excellence including
improving and overseeing operations
• Expertise in service management concepts for networks and related
standards such as ITIL practices or SDLC
• Experience in using and maintaining password management software
such as Duo, IAG NuID, and/or Ping Identity
• Skilled in LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
• Skilled in XML
• Skilled in HOPEX
• Skilled in HTML
• Skilled in Java
• Skilled in VPN software and encrypting data
• Skilled in Active Directory
• Experience using Salesforce CRM
• Experience using JIRA
• Skilled in Kubernetes to automate application deployment,
scaling, and management
• Skilled in ServiceNow to manage digital workflows
• Skilled in Docker
• Skilled in using storage software such as NetApp, Nimble, and
• Skilled in Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings, development, and
• Experience using CyberArk
• Skilled in Jenkins
• Skilled in Azure
• Skilled in Ping Identity
• Skilled in using virtualization software such as Microsoft
Hyper-V, VMWare vSphere, or Citrix XenDesktop
• Skilled in using Enterprise Architect
• Skilled in Python object-oriented programming
• Skilled in using PowerShell to automate tasks that manage
Microsoft operating systems and processes
• Experience using VMWare
• Experience using APIs for developing or programming software
• Experience managing Google Duo
• Experience using scheduling software to book events
Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent
Must be Certified in AWS
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital
transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of
this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering
our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our
professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards
that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of
ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and
business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex,
religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status,
disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran
status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression,
familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any
other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job
in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance
mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to
reference the requisition number of the position in which you are
interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate
recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email
address is only to be used for those individuals who need an
accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or
those that do not include a requisition number will not be
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click
here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and
transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the
ability to successfully complete a background investigation.
Background investigation components can vary dependent upon
specific assignment and/or level of US government security
clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with
all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Security Architecture
Keywords: CGI Group, Inc., Sterling , Cloud Security Architect, Other , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!