Business Development Manager Sales
Company: Integrated Electrical Services, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Sales Account Manager ensures that sales for assigned lines
of business are developed and closed in accordance with Company
goals, policies and procedures. The Sales Account Manager is
responsible for ensuring that sales goals are implemented,
delivered and managed in accordance with the contract/agreement.
This will ensure Company, customer and financial performance
requirements are met. All aspects of the sales effort(s) must be
carried out as efficiently as possible with respect to human
resources, financial management, profitability and branch
General Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the development and closure of sales are occurring
within Company guidelines. Manage overall workload
- Development and maintenance of industry and client
relationships, including General Contractors, Electrical
Contractors, Consultants, Manufacturers, Suppliers, Partners and
other stakeholders as relevant to building a successful book of
- Development and maintenance of positive internal relationships
to foster team cohesion in dynamic work environment.
- Manage and monitor the prospecting, qualification, proposal
writing, bid preparation, proposal submittal, contracting and
closed sales turnover processes of the branch. Provide periodic
reporting on status to other members of management and the
- Review and monitor sales department, project, client and
line(s) of business goals and related issues. Provide management of
such issues and reporting to senior management of any
inconsistencies and or corrections required.
- Monitor all timeliness, quality and performance issues related
to the sales department
- Act as the senior Company liaison for sales interface with
- Participate/Lead Sales meetings and training sessions as
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Regular attendance is mandatory.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and
lead others to create, develop and implement project process
- Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees,
vendors, clients and business partners.
- Must have proven problem-solving skills, critical thinking
skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral
- Must have proven high skill level to interpret typical sales
documents, including but not limited to, prospect lists,
qualifications documents, industry research and reports, project
specifications, reporting, contracting and performance
- Must be able to travel within branch territory and/or regional
territory as needed.
- Must be able to learn and teach the Company sales management
- Must be able to secure and maintain a Company sponsored
American Express Card.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
- Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency;
Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Must have experience at least (7) seven years' in customer
interface, such as liaison between the customer and the
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in
telecommunications or a related technical or construction
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS
- Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects
- Must have demonstrated verifiable ability to define a
prospective customer, create a scope of work, qualify a customer,
develop a sales plan and manage proposal submission and review
through to customer presentation, closing and operations
- Position promotes into Division Sales Manager.
Minimum Years of Experience
IES is a national provider of industrial products and
infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including
electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for
the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy
markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As
of the end of IES's 2018 fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, IES
produced over $876.8 million in revenue and employed over 4,500
employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to
housing developments, our employees and design professionals
design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
- Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our
- Safety is Priority One - and our record shows it
- Competitive Pay
- Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
- Company Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short
Term Disability Plans
- Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
- Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident,
Legal and Pet Coverage
- Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS. NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited
agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented
to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between
that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become
the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with
disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or
characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring,
transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and
all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that
retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding
possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is
also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the
employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and
protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to
support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent
with company policy and the company's obligations as a contractor
to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law.
"EEO is the Law" poster | "EEO is the Law" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES
provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by
Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era
Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need
accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES
corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work
Keywords: Integrated Electrical Services, Inc., Sterling , Business Development Manager Sales, Other , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!