Senior Data Analytics Consultant
Company: REI Systems
Posted on: June 6, 2021
At REI Systems, our work makes a difference
in the lives of millions of people every day. We’re looking to hire
leaders who can support and focus their talent in the pursuit of
impactful solutions. If you are a solution-oriented thought leader
and thrive in a fast paced, agile environment then we want you!
Are you someone:
has a positive, can-do attitude that doesn’t hear problems but
opportunities to help others?
wants to make the customer happy by giving them exactly what they
want and help them make a difference in their job?
is eager to not just do their job but help team members do their
job when they get slammed?
likes to learn and seek new ways to do things and inspires others
do the same?
looks at the customer as part of the team from requirements to
As the Senior Consultant for Data analytics
you will work collaboratively as part of a team supporting Federal
clients to conduct one or more projects in data strategy, cloud
data management, business intelligence, advanced analytics,
strategic communications, organizational capacity development and
business process improvement. You will be responsible for
developing systematic approaches to help clients conceptualize and
navigate large scale transformational efforts and strategic
initiatives successfully. During the process, the senior consultant
will build organization readiness by creating strategies and plans
that maximize results and minimize risks to ultimately help clients
achieve higher utilization of business and data capabilities in
- Advise senior-level government executives in IT analytics and
modern data management strategies to include big data initiatives,
AI/ML strategies, and cloud modernization.
- Develop and oversee Data strategy and AI/ML strategy
- Deliver direct support and coaching to all levels of client
leadership to help them through planning, transitions, and
- Develop and produce high-quality deliverables
- Act as SME for customer-facing project delivery for business
intelligence, data management, and data analytics projects aimed at
government – Federal, State, and Local.
- Facilitate and lead the development of IT analytics and
strategy key artifacts such as Data Strategy, Data Governance,
Analytics Infrastructure, Vendor Management, Small business
Utilization Plans and Organization Readiness and Impact
- Conceptualizes viable technical solutions that meets customer
objectives and project requirements within the cost and schedule
- Provide thought leadership for innovative data solutions to
establish a standard industry language for analyzing new and
- Assist to identify skill areas for investment and divestment.
Develop succession and contingency plans to identify strategies for
gap closure and risk analysis.
- Infuse best practices and research to enhance client’s
understanding of the challenge and options they face.
- Communicate industry standard frameworks in alignment with
client context, to include how they are applied with specific
examples of tools and deliverables.
- Work in close collaboration with REI program/project managers
to ensure alignment across clients, to understand and manage their
expectations while simultaneously working with engagement team, to
proactively mitigate risks, and collaborate on new ideas to meet
any evolving client needs.
- Mentor, coach, and develop colleagues, team members, and direct
reports as applicable.
- Demonstrates experience of delivering projects that focuses on
data warehousing, business intelligence, reporting, data management
and advanced analytics including R or python.
- Demonstrates leadership skills to manage project resources and
cultivate strong customer relationships.
- Support proposal development, new customer demos, and other
- Develop knowledge articles and other pieces of thought
leadership to advance REI’s positioning.
Bachelor's degree in data analytics,
business intelligence, computer science, economics, statistics, or
mathematics is required and 8+ years of overall work
Strong understanding of the culture of the
Excellent executive-level presence,
communication, and writing skills.
Strong ability to research, work
cross-functionally with other consultants, and present complex
information clearly for decision making.
5+ years supporting the planning and
hands-on delivery in Data Analytics, and Organizational Change
Management for the Federal government and large-scale IT
Strong legislative and policy acumen.
Experience in waterfall and agile SLDC
Must be a team player and able to work
collaboratively with and through others or independently as
- Experience in IT management, vendor management, category
management, finance and business management a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Federal Information Technology Acquisition Reform
- Results orientation and organized with a natural inclination
for strategy, planning, and tactics and the intersection with
- Experience in Data Science projects with R or Python.
- Prior employment at a management / strategy consulting firm
(e.g., McKinsey & Company, BCG, Bain, etc.) is strongly
About REI Systems
Employees voted REI Systems a Washington
Post Top Workplace in 2015, 2016, 2018, and 2020!
REI Systems has delivered innovative
solutions that empower people and impact millions of lives since
1989. Our 600 problem-solving technologists and consultants are
passionate about modernizing the government to fulfill its missions
more effectively. Our customers include healthcare, national
security, science and technology, and government operations in the
federal, state, local, and non-profit sectors. We take a Mindful
Modernization® approach in providing Application Modernization,
Government Data Analytics, Grants Management Systems, Saas, and
Advisory Services. Delivering domain expertise, best-fit
technologies through agile execution, and a commitment to customer
service is the REI Way. Learn more, visit www.reisystems.com.
REI Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: REI Systems, Sterling , Senior Data Analytics Consultant, Other , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!