Posted on: April 30, 2021
Leidos is excited about our continued work with a Department of
Justice (DoJ) Federal law enforcement agency.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to support the Disaster
Recovery COOP development and maintenance of architecture,
applications, infrastructure for this customer. This position will
be based out of Sterling, VA but will be up to 90% remote.
The successful candidate will support the redesign that will
focus on engineering, analysis, and documentation of current and
objective Enterprise Architectures to ensure system stability in
The Systems Engineer will participate on the technical design
team for COOP/COG architecture development efforts that will
describe and integrate all current planning for modification,
upgrade, evolution, and modernization of existing systems
components. These activities will focus on implementing
System-of-System methodologies and integrating current system
architectures and components into a detailed enterprise
Position responsibilities include:
- Developing recommendations concerning continuation,
modification, or elimination of COOP plans
- Collecting and assessing current proven solutions and emerging
concepts for implementation into the DR COOP plan
- Assess the ability of the current and planned capabilities to
achieve the desired mission outcomes and execute the identified
tasks, under the full range of operating conditions to fully meet
- Identify gaps or redundancies; the attributes and parameters
systems will be used to fill the gaps, and operational mission
priorities will also be used for the elimination of gaps or
- Demonstrate exceptional writing, briefing skills, and technical
enterprise leadership are a foundational element of the support
needed to meet the customer challenges.
- Document and articulate aspects of the critical architecture
products and systems capabilities.
- Work with other JSEIO products including technology assessment
reports, technology implementation plans, systems engineering
documentation, and alternative analysis reports.
- Ensure Microsoft Cloud Exchange replication between data
centers. Performs troubleshooting of systems and applications to
identify and correct malfunctions and other operational
difficulties, coordinating with third party vendors as appropriate.
Provides refresher training to staff on systems features as
- BS in technical engineering related fields plus 6+ years’
experience OR MS in technical engineering and 5+ years of
experience as identified in the bullets below
- Disaster Recovery implementation experience around AD, ADFS,
DNS, DHCP specific to Microsoft
- Disaster Recovery implementation for Exchange Domain Controller
experience in Enterprise
- Disaster Recovery implementation experience with SQL Server
2016 with expertise around File Server
- Experience in Microsoft Cloud Exchange replication between
multiple data centers
- Azure cloud implementation and integration experience.
- Certifications in MCSE or MCSA required
- Must have an Active Secret Clearance (or higher) to be
considered for this position
- Prefer some CloudBolt experience if available.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Sterling , Systems Engineer, Other , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!