Windows System Engineer
Posted on: February 23, 2021
DISYS is seeking a Sr. Windows System Engineer for out client in
Sterling, VA. This role will requires you to work on-site. In this
role will have be responsible for Windows, Azure and provide timely
and efficient support to assigned operations. The Senior Engineer
maintains and supports ESX VMware, Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint
environments and other on premise and O365 applications, monitoring
systems in all environments, and applies analytic and diagnostic
skills in determining problem resolutions. The Ideal candidate has
a drive for learning new things and is passionate about end-to-end
technical solutions and act as a mentor to other team members.
Expected Contributions:Customer Focus:
- Drive infrastructure related projects involving updates,
migrations, and servers independently or through collaboration with
- Manage, administer, and maintain the various enterprise server
systems including enterprise faxing, rights management, SFTP
servers, and various application servers.Optimizes Work Processes:
- Investigate and resolve operational problems at the architect
level and in conjunction with other engineering personnel.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and upgrade Windows systems
including Server 2012/2016, Active Directory, SQL servers, IIS,
File, and Application servers. This will include monitoring to
proactively detect infrastructure and networking issues.
- Perform management, maintenance, and architectural oversight of
VMware, O365 including OneDrive, Exchange, and SharePoint.
- Manage, administer, and provide architectural oversight for the
VMware vSphere virtual environment including host and guest
- Work with Cybersecurity on vulnerability remediation to enhance
the Clearinghouse's security posture.
- Partner with Cybersecurity and validate the release of
infrastructure products and services in a multi-tiered environment
to ensure compliance with Cybersecurity requirements and
operational acceptance guidelines.
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to deliver
technical solutions in an agile environment.Communicates
- Write and maintain implementation and design documentation
describing architecture, procedures, and security.
- Train and provide technical guidance to junior IT staff.
- Communicate progress and any challenges to management. Be Open
- Demonstrate openness to new perspectives and ideas.
- Build trust with internal and external stakeholders by
demonstrating consistency between words and actions.What You Bring
to the Table:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems,
or a combination of education and experience including through
military service will also be considered.
- 10+ years of overall IT experience and 5 years of Windows
server and desktop management/administration experience.
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Windows networking including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Active
- SMTP/POP3 clients and servers.
- Demonstrated proficiency with:
- Backups and disaster recovery planning and execution.
- Azure, VMware's EXS hosts, Site Recovery Manager, and
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
skills with the ability to communicate technical and nontechnical
messages to all levels of staff.
- Strong organizational skills (must be detail-oriented), and the
demonstrated ability to resolve problems quickly and
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Perform in a leadership and mentorship role
- Work in a fast-paced environment and successfully deliver
projects on time.
- Work independently with little supervision and be a team
- Demonstrates the Client's core competencies: customer focus,
optimizes work processes, communicates effectively, collaborates,
and is open and authentic.
- Live within a commutable distance of Herndon, VA.Additional
- Azure certification.
- Experience with Cloud applications.
- Familiar with Cisco firewalls, switches, routers, and VOIP
Keywords: DISYS, Sterling , Windows System Engineer, Other , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!