Company: Criterion Systems, Inc.
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Overview:At Criterion Systems, we developed a different kind of
business-a company whose real value is a reputation for excellence
built upon the collective skills, talents, perspectives, and
backgrounds of its people. By accepting a position with Criterion
Systems, you will join a group of professionals with a
collaborative mindset where we share ideas and foster professional
development to accomplish our goals. In addition to our great
culture, we also offer competitive compensation and benefit
packages, company-sponsored team building events, and advancement
opportunities. To find out more about how Criterion can help you
take your career to the next level please visit our website:
www.criterion-sys.com.We are looking for candidates to help deliver
full lifecycle development and sustainment for the Department of
Homeland Security's (DHS) National Cybersecurity Protection System
(NCPS). The NCPS assists more than 100 federal civilian government
agencies with the protection of their networks against advanced
cyber threats. Under this contract, you will support the government
in the design, development, operations and maintenance services for
the NCPS. Together we will build the mission critical cybersecurity
solutions that will enable the timely dissemination of threat
warnings and improve information sharing across DHS's stakeholder
community.Responsibilities:Criterion Systems is seeking a System
Engineer to assess architectures and requirements, to develop
derived requirements and systems engineering artifacts, and to
guide Agile scrum teams in the development of advanced
cybersecurity capabilities.Responsibilities Include:
- Providing Systems Engineering expertise in support of a large
- Assisting the Chief Engineer and the Development teams in the
development, integration, and testing of advanced leading-edge
- Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor
responsible for the system design and implementation of advanced
- Interfacing directly with the Customer, stakeholders, and
end-users regarding capability architectures, requirements, use
cases, and stories to derive, develop and decompose next-cycle
updates and specifications.
- Supporting risk assessments and developing risk mitigation
- Conducting trade studies to determine improvements to system
capabilities and system delivery processes (hardware, software,
architecture, automated deployments,training).Qualifications:
- Must have active SECRET clearance and be able to obtain a
TS/SCI clearance and must be able to obtain DHS Suitability.
- BS Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Computer Information Systems, OR a related field. Two years of
related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree
- 4+ years of directly relevant systems engineering experience
such as allocation of hardware and software requirements,
development of use cases and stories, interface definition, and
systems integration & test.
- Experience with and technical understanding of cybersecurity
attack-mitigation techniques and cybersecurity architectures.
- Experience with Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes
and practices, Change Management practices, requirements
management, traceability, and associated tools.
- Possesses or quickly develops a comprehensive understanding of
Government Information Security policies, regulations, and
- Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and
physical locations.Desired Skills:
- Knowledge and experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or
similar lean Agile framework.
- Agile Systems Engineering and/or development experience.
- DevSecOps or DevOps experience.
- Experience and/or familiarity with architectural views
including operational, technical standards, and system/services
views and business, data, applications, and technology
architectures using applicable standards (e.g., DODAF, FEAF).
- Experience and/or familiarity with software and system
lifecycle methodologies, (e.g ISO, CMMI, ITIL, Agile, SAFe).
- Experience with requirements management tools (DOORS
- Experience and/or familiarity of the Risk Management Framework
(RMF) and security and privacy controls (NIST 800-37 and NIST
- DHS experience.Desired Certifications:
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
- Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
- SAFe certification (SA, SP, SSM/SASM, RTE, POPM, SPD, ASE, or
SPC)Criterion Systems, Inc. is committed to equal employment
opportunity and non-discrimination at all levels of our
organization. We believe in treating all applicants and employees
fairly and make employment decisions without regard to any
individual's protected status: race, ethnicity, color, national
origin, ancestry, religion, creed, sex/gender, gender
identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and mental
disability, marital/parental status, pregnancy (including
childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), age,
genetic information (including characteristics and testing),
military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement,
please visit https://careers-criterion-sys.icims.com/.
Keywords: Criterion Systems, Inc., Sterling , System Engineer, Other , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!