Company: QTS Data Centers
Posted on: January 15, 2020
The ServiceNow Administrator is responsible for assuring the
stability and performance of the ServiceNow platform for QTS. This
person is primarily responsible for system maintenance, upgrades,
user management, fulfillment of administrative tasks, and
performing upkeep of existing solutions. This person must be able
to prioritize their day-to-day activities given overarching
guidance, own issues from start to finish, and practice proactive
communication within a collaborative agile team. This role will
provide financial benefits to the company through improved quality,
productivity, efficiency, and customer experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES, other duties may be assigned.
- Provide administrative support to the ServiceNow user
- Monitor and optimize the health, usage, and overall compliance
of the ServiceNow platform.
- Identify system deficiencies and divergences from best practice
within the production instance.
- Coordinate & execute platform upgrades & maintenance.
- Perform upkeep on existing solutions (e.g. business rules, UI
policies, client scripts, ACLs, workflows, dashboard & reporting,
data imports, service catalog development, etc.)
- Provide after hours and on-call support, as needed.
- Advise teams on design, development and overall best practice
configuration of ServiceNow.
- Assist with the design and configuration of new solutions in
- Relationships - Identifies the common purpose from a wide range
of internal and external stakeholders.
- Creativity - Working with others generates a surplus of ideas
that create value for shareholders, customers and employees.
- Collaboration - Correctly justifies which projects to pursue or
not. Builds business cases that enable decision makers to make the
appropriate investment of people, time and money to the right set
- Accountability - Gets the job done regardless of obstacles that
- Learning - Leads cross-functional review sessions that produce
high-leverage learnings use to build organizational capability.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related field;
specialized training; or equivalent professional experience.
- Three or more years of experience leading, developing, and
testing ServiceNow solutions.
- Three or more years of hands-on experience with ServiceNow
components such as Service Catalog, Incident, Problem, Change,
Asset, Release, Knowledge, Performance Analytics etc.
- Working knowledge of the IT Operations Management (ITOM) suite
of capabilities, to include MID deployment, Discovery, CMDB,
Orchestration, Event Management, Operations Intelligence, Service
- Excellent knowledge of ServiceNow best practices and ongoing
knowledge of latest ServiceNow features.
- Background in Java Scripting, XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, JSON, PERL
scripting, REST, and/or SOAP.
- Strong understanding of ITSM processes based on ITIL v3.
- Two or more years of experience working in a data center
environment; or other relevant critical process environment.
- Certified ServiceNow Administrator.
- Certified ServiceNow Developer.
- Certified in ITIL v3 Foundation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills with all levels of the
- Use organizational skills to determine prioritization and
- Focus on scope, tone, and quality of processes and their
respective documentation, as well as the associated goals,
priorities, deadlines, and weaknesses.
- Perform necessary and timely follow-up, escalating
appropriately if necessary.
- Excellent writing skills for generating clear, concise release
notes and documentation.
- Strong analytical capabilities coupled with business acumen
needed to proactively solve problems facing the organization.
- Ability to work independently, with supervision, on a project
of varying complexity.
Keywords: QTS Data Centers, Sterling , ServiceNow Administrator, Other , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!