Software QA Engineer Intern
Posted on: October 10, 2019
Software Quality Assurance Engineer Intern
Asurion?s internship program is a 12-week hands-on experience to
help rising seniors get a sneak peek into the TECHNOLOGY world.
Assigned to a team, interns will have their own projects to
complete and present to leadership at the end of the summer. The
program provides interns with a unique perspective, professional
and personal development along the way, and experiences to enhance
their academic learnings. Our goal is to allow for each intern to
make contributions throughout the summer through project work,
presentations and networking with leaders at all levels. ?
- Open to rising seniors currently enrolled in undergrad pursuing
a degree related to internship duties or major below.
- Duration of internship is 12 weeks from May 18 to August 7,
- Continuous learning and tailored on-the-job training in
- Exposure to senior leadership, including but not limited to,
onboarding, lunch and learn sessions and team business case
- Build an intern community through peer intern groups, mentors,
direct intern leaders and senior leadership throughout the summer.
? The Team ? This is an awesome opportunity to work hands on with a
high performing Software Engineering team focused on building and
testing products for millions of customers. Your internship with
the SQA Engineering team will be a deep dive into what it takes to
make it in the field of Software Quality Assurance today. You will
be given the opportunity to help out with all areas of the Testing
process from requirement reviews, Test planning, Test Case
identification, Automated Test Script Development, Execution
Analysis, Debugging, and User Interface testing. As a member of our
team, you will not just observe, but be an active participant in
collaboration sessions, release planning, automation design
touchpoints, as well as daily standups, and retrospectives. We are
looking for an intern who is curious, humble and eager to learn ?
which is the way we all approach the testing work we do. ?
- Pursuing Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science, Software
Engineering, or Information Technology with a graduation date
between August 2020 ? May 2021 Requirements:
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to
- Working knowledge of database structures and queries
- Experience solving problems.
- Ability to work independently to remove roadblocks.
- Experience reporting testing results in a clear, detailed, and
analytical style using fact-based metrics
- Strong communication skills
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments.
Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems.
Receives instruction, guidance and direction from others.
- Continues to develop expertise in the principles and practices
of quality assurance processes.
- Demonstrates competence and consistency in delivering results
in the field of software quality assurance and testing as it
relates to Asurion?s business objectives.
- Demonstrates ability to build and execute automated
- Creates testing processes and procedures by planning and
creating test scenarios and scripts, executing tests, identifying
and resolving defects and reporting testing metrics. ?
- Develop subject matter expertise on assigned systems as
required to develop and execute tests
- Develops automated testing scripts and code modules for testing
- Quickly and accurately performs troubleshooting and repair of
existing test scripts
- Executes functional tests using automation tools and reports
results using defined process and resources
- Perform manual testing when automation is not available
- Reports defects using the defined reporting process
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships
- Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion's applications and
system integration and is able to understand changes in order to
anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
- Performs scheduled ad-hoc, and emergency tasks within the
- Ensures the appropriate adherence to Asurion's
inter-departmental processes and procedures
- Provides proper status notifications and updates ? PRO01499 -
Sterling - Virginia - US - 2019/09/10
Keywords: Asurion, Sterling , Software QA Engineer Intern, IT / Software / Systems , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!