Software Engineer - Servlets/Servlet containers/JDBC/Java8/ build RESTful web services
Company: Recruit Professional Services
Posted on: September 10, 2019
Job Description You will be working on a web-based B2B application
that s critical to every line of business and will play a crucial
role in transforming the product into a cloud-native application.
This role will work as part of a cross-functional team in charge of
modernizing the system by applying best-practices to increase fault
tolerance and resiliency while reducing complexity over time. You
will be empowered to work together with your peers to iteratively
deliver enhancements to the overall platform and will be pivotal to
the long-term success of the product. As a Software Engineer 3,
here s what you ll do:
- Develop effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion.
- Follow established coding standards and techniques, assists
with establishing standards.
- Conduct code reviews with peers and management.
- Show a strong attention to development detail, producing
- Create processes and procedures with input from business teams,
development, and IT Support.
- Maintain proficiency and develop expertise in the application
and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department' s
- Maintain proficiency and develop expertise in the business
processes that drive the applications within the department s
- Maintain a working knowledge of applications and system
integration and is able to understand changes in order to
anticipate cross-system or cross-- process impacts.
- Ensure the appropriate adherence to inter-departmental
processes and procedures.
- Provide proper status notifications are relayed to business
stakeholders and Client Relations for internal and external
communications through the approved protocols. Key qualifications
you ll have
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Engineering,
Mathematics or a Related field plus 3 years of experience as a Java
Software Engineer and 1 year - experience working in an Agile
- Requires experience in Java technologies, including Servlets
and Servlet containers, JDBC, Java8 and modern tools to build
RESTful web services
- Requires ability to develop well-structured code, delivered on
- Requires understanding of object-oriented design and various
software design patterns and frameworks and knowledge of latest
technologies and related - commercial/open-source products or
- Experience with Oracle databases including PL/SQL
- Knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure Bonus
points awarded for
jQuery, Node.js, AngularJS, Bootstrap
- Experience with Apache Struts2, Spring, MyBatis, Apache
- Knowledge of OAuth2, especially OpenID Connect
- Docker / rkt experience
- Experience with automation/config management tools such as
Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, etc
- Experience with CI tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity,
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack
Overflow, Blogging, etc )
- Solid understanding of networking concepts including load
balancers, firewalls, etc #RecruitPS - provided by Dice
Keywords: Recruit Professional Services, Sterling , Software Engineer - Servlets/Servlet containers/JDBC/Java8/ build RESTful web services, IT / Software / Systems , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!