Technical Writer II
Company: Butler America Aerospace L.L.C.
Posted on: August 16, 2019
TECHNICAL WRITER II
DURATION: 6+ MONTHS
LOCATION: STERLING, VA (20166)
SUMMARY: Primary focus of this position is to support the need of
creating and revising technical documents for ZXAI products
(Aircraft Galley Inserts) for their continuous airworthiness, and
meet customer requirements and requests.
Documents types are Components Maintenance Manuals (CMM), Service
Bulletins (SB), Service letters (SL), and User Manuals (UM).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other
duties maybe assigned.
* Understand and apply ZXAI standards, processes and best
* Assist in developing new ZXAI standards, processes and best
practices when required.
* Plan, develop, organize, write and edit user manuals, maintenance
manuals, service bulletins and service letters.
* Research, develop and document technical design specifications
and test scripts
* Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy
* Analyse documents to maintain continuity of style of content
* Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
* Work with internal teams to understand product documentation
* Create strong content that fulfils company standards and audience
* Write straight-forward user tutorials and interface text
* Analyse current content and make improvements as necessary
* Study drawings, specifications, mock-ups, and product
* Release the document following final approval.
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
* Must possess proven experience in creating technical documents
and understand Cabin products
* AS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent preferred.
* Min 3 years of experience in Technical writing is required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform the job successfully, an individual
should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Demonstrated ability as a self-starter
* Willingness to learn new skills and develop existing ones.
* Proven experience working in a technical writing position
* Working knowledge of using STE (Simplified technical English) in
creating technical content and explain scientific and technical
ideas in simple language.
* Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Basic knowledge of using a CAD software is preferred
* Familiarity with mechanical assemblies, exploded views, wire
management and plumbing is highly preferred.
* Strong attention to detail
* Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
Work is normally performed in a typical manufacturing/office work
environment. The noise level is moderate.
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal
opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer.
Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a
diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the
benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where
we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is
governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status,
mental or physical disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Butler America Aerospace L.L.C., Sterling , Technical Writer II, IT / Software / Systems , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!