Customer Technical Specialist II - Sterling
Posted on: July 3, 2019
We are looking to fill a critical role for a System Deployment
Specialist in our Sterling, VA office. In this role the Technician
will perform deployment, installation, support, and possible
training of DOS Consular computer systems, hardware and software.
Some task will include but will not be limited to; inventory
current system, prepare new system for deployment, deliver and
install new system ensuring functionality, and troubleshooting
- Work with the Program Leadership Team, Senior Deployment
Technicians, and the Government Client to coordinate, schedule and
assist in the refresh of DOS Consular computer systems. This will
involve direct customer interaction.
- Work independently and within small teams to support various
software and systems related tasks
- Complete and submit all reporting requirements in a timely
- Deployment of new computer systems to replace existing
- Assist with the design, installation and support of server
hardware, including staging,
- Support software development activities, hardware design
strategies, hardware and software installations
- Troubleshoot/resolve/document any issues/problems during the
deployment and provide excellent customer service to clients at all
levels within the organization during the entire process.
- Travels approximately 50-60%% OCONUS.
- Provides guidance to entry level technicians, if needed.
After-hours and weekend support will be required periodically to
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent amount of experience plus 2
years of relevant work experience
- 2+ years of experience working in any of the following
environments -IT, Virtual Administration, Storage Administration,
and/or Systems Deployment.
- 2+ years of experience working with Windows OS and server
- 2+ years of experience working in a workstation deployment
(installation/configuration) and OS migration, including Windows
Deployment services (i.e. MDT, Windows PE, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience working with Network Attached Storage
and Virtual Server environments.
- 2+ years of experience working with Microsoft Active
- 2+ years of experience working with Q/A troubleshooting
hardware, software, and peripheral issues.
- Experience may be substituted for educational requirements, and
education may be substituted for years of experience. PREFERRED
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications
skills, including excellent customer service and self-motivation
- Able to follow defined processes and document any
- Past experience in computer refreshes/deployments in a mid to
large scale capacity is a benefit.
- Experience delivering technical training to end users on
software applications and hardware support in a classroom and/or
- Developing training documentation (lesson plans, procedures,
- Familiar with international travel requirements such as Visa,
medical, and passport.
- Department of State experience. Physical Requirements:
The majority of position requirements will be performed within a
professional office environment. However, deployments can require
the individual to lift and move computer and other equipment of
approximately 25-50 lbs in weight, as well as being able to push a
wheeled dolly with multiple computer systems loaded. Position may
require bending, kneeling, or crawling to get to cables
under/behind furniture and server racks.
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Sterling , Customer Technical Specialist II - Sterling, IT / Software / Systems , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!