Principal Database Engineer
Company: REI Systems
Posted on: June 9, 2019
REI Systems is looking for a Principal Database Engineer (Data
Architect) to join our team. In this role, you will support the
development and enhancement of a modern data analytics platform.
Your responsibility will be to provide technical solutions to the
ever-growing needs of the customers in data management, warehousing
and analytics areas.
* Deliver projects that focus on data warehousing, business
intelligence, reporting, data management and advanced analytics
including R or python.
* Conceptualize viable technical solutions that meets customer
objectives and project requirements within the cost and schedule
* Act as SME for customer-facing project delivery for business
intelligence, data management, and data analytics projects aimed at
government Federal, State, and Local
* Provide thought leadership for innovative data solutions to
address complex business problems
* Work with and through both functional and technical project team
members to deliver products in an agile manner
* Work with team leaders and data analysts in resolving complex
technical and operational issues
* Diligently manage risks and mitigate/manage issues associated
with project delivery
Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed.
* 7+ years of experience architecting, designing, developing and
managing enterprise-level databases using relational databases like
Oracle, MySQL, and SQL Server
* 5+ years of experience with Data Warehouse, Data Management,
Reporting, Governance and Dashboard development.
* 3+ years of experience with ETL tools like Informatica and
* 1 3 years of experience with Business Intelligence tools like
Tableau and Power BI
* 1 3 years of professional team building experience supporting /
* Ready to embrace a fast-paced work environment with deadlines and
* Strong communication and teamwork abilities
* Experience delivering solutions using Agile delivery
* Solid understanding of CI/CD pipeline
* Bachelor s degree in computer science, data analytics, business
intelligence, economics, statistics, or mathematics
* Employer will accept a suitable combination of education,
training, or experience
* Experience with improving performance on enterprise applications
with large data
* Experience in Test Driven and Behavior Driven Development
* Familiarity with revision control systems such as Git/Github
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Work Authorization: This position is on a US Government Contract
and requires us to staff US Citizens only
About REI Systems
REI Systems is comprised of smart, creative, and dedicated teams
who make an impact on their customers' missions by delivering
innovative, progressive solutions. We are a 3-time Washington Post
Top Workplace winner, placing on the 2018 list for providing our
people with a stable and open-minded environment for growth and
enjoyment. If you want to excel in a fast-paced work environment
solving real-world challenges alongside reliable teammates, apply
to join today!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. REI
Systems is an E-Verify employer..
Keywords: REI Systems, Sterling , Principal Database Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!