Software Engineer 3 (Oracle)
Posted on: March 8, 2019
Asurion's Account Management team is looking for engineers that can
work across the entire software stack in an ETL environment. Our ideal
candidate has familiarity with ETL Workflows, strong SQL and database skills.
Familiarity with web services, API, third party integrations and operating in a
cloud-based environment (AWS or GCP) is preferred.
At Asurion, we don't just redefine-we reinvent. We began by
establishing a culture that rewards results and isn't confined by a hierarchy.
As a result, we have achieved phenomenal growth. Today, this
entrepreneurial spirit is as strong as ever. It's in our DNA. We foster a
culture where our team members are encouraged daily to make a difference-for
our clients, customers, and themselves. Our dynamic and rewarding environment
ensures that each of our 17,000 team members can reach their full potential,
while at the same time fulfilling the needs of more than 280 million consumers.
The Horizon Account Management team is responsible for building the
systems that support customer enrollment, processing and third-party vendor and
communications. We focus on providing a seamless and efficient experience,
quickly delivering new product initiatives and helping our stakeholders provide
highly responsive customer service.
Do you know how to deliver scalable and reliable systems? Can you
ensure performance, quality and security while delivering a product that
delivers a seamless user experience? Do you enjoy discussing innovative ideas
with your peers, coming up with great solutions and passing on your knowledge
to others frequently? We're looking for engineers who are passionate
about delivering reliable, predictable software, have a love for solving hard
problems, and enjoy learning about new technology.
Who's A Great Match For Us?
- Highly-motivated, software engineers with a passion for writing efficient code, solution design, CI/CD systems participating and expertise in cloud-based deployments
- Familiarity with ETL, data migration and integrating third party systems
- Familiarity with lean, agile, data-driven methodologies with experience delivering incremental results in biweekly sprints.
What You'll Do
- Take on an opportunity that offers variety, innovation, and unique challenges, where you can learn something new every day
- Think through open ended problems, and continuously improve and deliver results even when no is one is watching
- Provide technical guidance to others in collaboration with leading projects.
- Establish and ensure new best practices are implemented effectively.
- Take responsibility for quality, deliverables, code reviews and solutions design.
- Demonstrate expertise in presenting complex information to senior audiences; effectively facilitate conversations leading to solutions.
- Design technical product functionality and features based on client requirements and user experience. Estimate and manage implementation details for design and features.
- Develop effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion
- Follow established coding standards and techniques
- Conduct code reviews with peers and management
- Utilize Cloud Architecture (AWS) and high availability best practices
- Work in Agile Scrum and Kanban methodologies, using CI, CD best practices with knowledge of DevOps and cloud infrastructure scripts (CloudFormation, Ansible)
- Write Unit, Integration and End-to-End Tests to test deliverables
- Automate deployment and delivery of code using cloud technologies
- Work with BAs and Integration Testing team to deliver quality code that meets the functional requirements
- Maintain proficiency in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department's scope
- Maintain working knowledge of Asurion's applications and system integration
- Ensure code complies with security policies and guidelines
What You'll Bring To The Team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or related field
- 3 or more years of experience in relational databases (Oracle, MySQL), PL/SQL is required
- 3 or more years of experience in ETL technologies and data migration is required
- 1 or more years of experience with Tibco or similar enterprise software is preferred
- 1 or more years of experience working with AWS cloud services (Lambda, Kinesis, SQS, EMR, RDS) is preferred
- 1 or more years of experience with Hadoop based file system processing (Hive, Spark etc.) is preferred
- 1 or more years of experience in Node.js and serverless technology is preferred
- 1 or more years of experience with Agile Scrum or Kanban methodologies is preferred
- 1 or more of experience with Git-based system (Bitbucket, Github, GitLabs or other) is nice to have
- Familiarity with logging, monitoring and dashboards (ELK or any other monitoring platform) is nice to have
- Strong communication skills and an energetic, enthusiastic attitude to getting things done.
Keywords: Asurion, Sterling , Software Engineer 3 (Oracle), IT / Software / Systems , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!