Senior Software Engineer - Flight Simulation & Training
Company: Rockwell Collins
Posted on: February 5, 2019
Requisition ID: 15663
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as Americas Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Software Engineer - Flight Simulation & Training to join our team in Sterling, VA (2300). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Its an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
This Sr Software Engineer position is within the Simulation & Training Solutions (STS) business area. STS develops and builds simulators and training systems for both military and commercial customers. Devices range in complexity from desktop trainers all the way up to high fidelity weapon system and full-flight training systems including full visual, motion, and simulator interoperability. This position is located in Sterling, VA. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
- Capture and analyze customer requirements; derive product requirements
- Design, develop, test, and debug real-time, multi-threaded, multiprocessing software applications, APIs, and associated user interfaces for simulation and training
- Regularly collaborate with other software engineers and project management to plan and prioritize development tasks on an Agile development team
- Provide accurate time estimates for software development activities
- Support, maintain, and enhance existing software products as necessary
- Actively learn new technologies and techniques and apply them to new domains and problem sets
- BS degree in Computer Science or a STEM related degree
- US Citizenship
- (5+ years) Experience with full lifecycle software development including:
- Requirements analysis and deriving requirements
- Object-Oriented Design and Programming using C/C++ and/or C#
- Unit testing (GoogleTest, NUnit or similar) and software maintenance
- Source code control (Subversion, Git, ClearCase, etc.
- (2+ years) Network programming and diagnostics (TCP/UDP sockets, raw sockets, packet sniffing, etc.)
- (2+ years) Agile, Kanban, or SCRUM development methodologies
- (2+ years) Distributed simulation development (DIS, HLA, and/or TENA and CGF/SAF)
- (2+ years) Python or other scripting language
- (1+ years) Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, and other virtualization and cloud computing technologies
- (1+ years) Cross-platform and/or mobile app development using MVVM UI design pattern
- Good written and oral communication skills
- (4+ years) Static code analysis, fuzz testing and secure coding practices
- (4+ years) Continuous Integration experience (Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity or similar)
- (2+ years) Real-time programming
- (2+ years) Multithreading IPCs (e.g. Mutex, Semaphore, Shared Memory, etc.)
- (2+ years) RDMBS databases such as PosgreSQL
- (1+ years) Development using game engines (Unity, Unreal, etc.)
- (1+ years) OpenGL development (v3.3 or later)
- Experience with Windows 7, Windows 10, and Linux
- IO interface development (e.g. experience with at least one of the following Modbus, RS232/422/485, CANbus, ARINC-429, ARINC-708, MIL-STD 1553, LVDT/RVDT/Synchro, analog and discrete IO, etc.).
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And thats just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
- Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
- An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
- Tuition reimbursement
- And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Keywords: Rockwell Collins, Sterling , Senior Software Engineer - Flight Simulation & Training, IT / Software / Systems , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!