Software Engineer 2 (Node.js)
Posted on: January 27, 2019
At Asurion, we don t just redefine we reinvent. We began by establishing a culture that rewards results and isn t confined by a hierarchy. As a result, we have achieved phenomenal growth. Today, this entrepreneurial spirit is as strong as ever. It s in our DNA. We foster a culture where our team members are encouraged daily to make a difference for our clients, customers, and themselves. Our dynamic and rewarding environment ensures that each of our 17,000+ team members has the opportunity to reach their full potential, while at the same time fulfilling the needs of more than 280 million consumers. Located in Sterling, Virginia, the Horizon team at Asurion is developing customized solutions in partnership with other technology teams that touch more than 18,000 customers per day in the US alone, and collaborating on cutting-edge big data platforms that provide analytics and insights that drive our business objectives. We are responsible for developing technical solutions and applications that are used by Asurion's partners, including top-tier retailers, communication providers, and entertainment distributors. We value open source technologies, solve challenging and unique problems, and innovate quickly. We embrace continuous delivery and Lean Startup principles. We work in small, empowered teams that have clear goals and success measures, and leverage the creativity of all members of the team. What does it take to do this job?
- We are looking for a Node.js Developer responsible for building and managing server side components focused on production support, development of server-side logic, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from front-end elements of our application. This role is primarily focused on providing production issues resolution and communication with customers and stakeholders.
- You will analyze code (both front end and back end) to find and correct problems, address and prioritize bugs reported from our clients and customers. Your responsibilities will include assisting in code reviews, system improvements, ad-hoc or emergency requests and ownership of CI/CD with comprehensive test coverage. Additionally you will design, code, test, and debug applications that meets system standards and functional requirements in various software languages.
- Experience with API development and debugging
- Determine code fixes for issues that arise as well as reroute issues of varying complexity to the core development team.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with a proven ability to distill complex business issues into easily understandable terms for a variety of audiences you re a people person!
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to proactively turn that curiosity into action.
- Desire to learn, be challenged, innovate, and teach others.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability and willingness to engage in many different and simultaneous tasks.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize projects and meet client deadlines. Essential Functions
- Production support experience is a must.
- Works on integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic.
- Develops effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion. Showing strong attention to development detail and producing high-quality code.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Follows established coding standards and techniques.
- Conducts code reviews with peers and management.
- Acts as a technical resource for junior team members.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion's applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
- Ensures the appropriate adherence to Asurion's inter-departmental processes and procedures within the testing team.
- Provides proper status notifications are relayed to business stakeholders and Client Relations for internal and external communications through the approved protocols.
- Effectively communicates the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to the Manager and/or Sr. Manager. Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or related field.
- 2 or more years of software development experience required.
- 2+ years Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available (ex. Express, StrongLoop, etc.)
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its idiosyncrasies.
- Basic understanding of AWS IaaS and PasS offerings.
- Experience in developing applications servicing large transactional system utilizing SQL.
- Server and/or other equivalent large scale DBMS (e.g. Oracle).
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Understanding of application architecture and analysis.
- Experiences Gained
- Detailed knowledge of techniques for applying transaction data and a perspective on big data strategies.
- Experience presenting ideas and projects to senior-level members and clients.
- Enhanced understanding of insurance support services program, including the concepts of consumer targeting and customer journey.
- Knowledge in data visualization and business. PRO01161 - Sterling - Virginia - US - 2019/01/09
Keywords: Asurion, Sterling , Software Engineer 2 (Node.js), IT / Software / Systems , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!