Customer Technical Specialist II /System Deployment Specialist
Posted on: December 3, 2018
OverviewWe are looking to fill a critical role for a System Deployment Specialist in our Sterling, VA office. In this role the Technician will perform deployment, installation, support, and possible training of DOS Consular computer systems, hardware and software. Some task will include but will not be limited to; inventory current system, prepare new system for deployment, deliver and install new system ensuring functionality, and troubleshootingResponsibilities
- Work with the Program Leadership Team, Senior Deployment Technicians, and the Government Client to coordinate, schedule and assist in the refresh of DOS Consular computer systems. This will involve direct customer interaction.
- Work independently and within small teams to support various software and systems related tasks
- Complete and submit all reporting requirements in a timely manner.
- Deployment of new computer systems to replace existing systems.
- Assist with the design, installation and support of server hardware, including staging,
- Support software development activities, hardware design strategies, hardware and software installations
- Troubleshoot/resolve/document any issues/problems during the deployment and provide excellent customer service to clients at all levels within the organization during the entire process.
- Travels approximately 50-60%% OCONUS.
- Provides guidance to entry level technicians, if needed.After-hours and weekend support will be required periodically to support deployments.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent amount of experience plus 2 years of relevant work experience
- 2+ years of experience working in any of the following environments -IT, Virtual Administration, Storage Administration, and/or Systems Deployment.
- 2+ years of experience working with Windows OS and server configuration
- 2+ years of experience working in a workstation deployment (installation/configuration) and OS migration, including Windows Deployment services (i.e. MDT, Windows PE, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience working with Network Attached Storage and Virtual Server environments.
- 2+ years of experience working with Microsoft Active Directory.
- 2+ years of experience working with Q/A troubleshooting hardware, software, and peripheral issues.
- Experience may be substituted for educational requirements, and education may be substituted for years of experience.
- Active SECRET Required
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills, including excellent customer service and self-motivation skills.
- Able to follow defined processes and document any issues/problems clearly.
- Past experience in computer refreshes/deployments in a mid to large scale capacity is a benefit.
- Experience delivering technical training to end users on software applications and hardware support in a classroom and/or one-on-one setting.
- Developing training documentation (lesson plans, procedures, reports, etc.).
- Familiar with international travel requirements such as Visa, medical, and passport.
- Department of State experience.
The majority of position requirements will be performed within a professional office environment. However, deployments can require the individual to lift and move computer and other equipment of approximately 25-50 lbs in weight, as well as being able to push a wheeled dolly with multiple computer systems loaded. Position may require bending, kneeling, or crawling to get to cables under/behind furniture and server racks.About PeratonPeraton provides innovative, reliable solutions to the nation's most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. Peraton has significant experience providing highly differentiated secure communications, space, and technology solutions to key customers, and has become a trusted partner on missions that are critical to the security priorities of the United States. Capabilities include complex software and technology services and solutions, as well as end-to-end mission operations abilities, including Software Systems Development, Cyber, Modeling & Simulation, Mission Operations, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Quick Reaction Capabilities (QRC) / Research & Development. The company is headquartered in Herndon, VA, with approximately 3,500 employees across the U.S. and Canada.EEO StatementWe are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Peraton, Sterling , Customer Technical Specialist II /System Deployment Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!