Software Development Manager
Company: Cameron Craig Group
Posted on: November 29, 2018
Software Development ManagerLocation: Sterling/Dulles, VASalary: open/based on experienceJob Type: Direct-Hire (full-time employee/W2/perm)** Due to nature of work being performed, US Citizenship is requiredAbout the company and roleOur client is the leading provider of software and services that advance commerce and collaboration among government agencies and contractors. Their software solutions provide federal, defense, and intelligence agencies, and contractor organizations with the visibility, control, and transparency necessary to improve productivity and performance while also meeting increasingly stringent federal compliance standards.This is truly a unique role where you'll have the ability to come in and transform and shape the Software Development organization in helping them move to a more modern tech-stack and improve Software Development processes! Reporting to the Director of Software Development, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate and influence change in how they are currently doing things!The Software Development Manager will lead, manage, and participate in the day-to-day operations of a team of software developers and quality engineers, and work closely with business analysts, release managers, and business owners. The Development Manager is primarily responsible for managing all aspects of the software development teams to ensure the delivery of quality software given the budget, strategy, and market timing constraints. The Manager will provide administrative, technical, and people leadership along with coaching and guiding teams to enable future success.Success in the role requires an innovative mind, good people management and communication skills, a proven track record of delivering complex software products, good positive energy and a passion for creating market-leading software. This position reports to the Director of Software Engineering.Responsibilities/Requirements
- Lead software engineering teams in an agile environment leveraging current best engineering practices to deliver large, complex software development projects that require parallel work streams.
- Manage teams to drive overall performance and efficiency, utilizing a modern DevOps software development pipeline.
- Guide and mentor team on modern MVC software techniques, as well as facilitate interaction with the existing software development teams.
- Ensure all development projects are delivered on time and budget and ensure effective communication by producing effective project management artifacts.
- Must have proven, practical experience with implementing the latest technologies and technical trends in the industry and a strong engineering and technology background – ability to go deep into the technology with code reviews, design, and architectural patterns/anti-patterns.
- Works closely with the Director, Software Engineering to budget for and hire additional staff.
- Experience with managing a team of 5+ developers and quality engineers is a must.
- Experience with JIRA and VersionOne a plus.Required Education and Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of overall professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on development experience
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience leading teams in a .NET / Oracle back-end environment
Keywords: Cameron Craig Group, Sterling , Software Development Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!