Customer Technical Specialist
Posted on: September 23, 2018
We are looking for a Customer Technical Specialist/Systems Deployment Specialist out of our Sterling, VA office. This lucky person will get to travel around the globe working with the Program Leadership Team, Sr. Deployment Technicians and the Government Client to coordinate, schedule and assist in the refresh of the DOS Consular computer systems.
- Work independently and within small teams to support various software and systems related tasks
- Work directly on-site with our client
- Complete and submit all reporting requirements in a timely manner.
- Deployment of new computer systems to replace existing systems.
- Assist with the design, installation and support of server hardware, including staging,
- Support software development activities, hardware design strategies, hardware and software installations
- Troubleshoot/resolve/document any issues/problems during the deployment and provide excellent customer service to clients at all levels within the organization during the entire process.
- Travels approximately 50-60%% OCONUS.
- Provides guidance to entry level technicians, if needed.
- After-hours and weekend support will be required periodically to support deployments.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent amount of experience plus 2 years of relevant work experience
- 2+ years of direct experience in change, configuration, and/or release management.
- 2+ years of experience using Microsoft workstation and server operating systems (Windows Server 2003, Server 2008, XP, and 7) and MS office suite (Word Power Point, and Excel).
- 1+ years experience with source control platforms.
- 1+ years of experience using Microsoft SharePoint, Visio, PowerPoint and Access.
- 1+ years of experience using Software and Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience may be substituted for educational requirements, and education may be substituted for years of experience.
- Must possess a current and active SECRET CLEARANCE
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills, including excellent customer service and self-motivation skills.
- Able to follow defined processes and document any issues/problems clearly.
- Past experience in computer refreshes/deployments in a mid to large scale capacity is a benefit.
- Experience delivering technical training to end users on software applications and hardware support in a classroom and/or one-on-one setting.
- Developing training documentation (lesson plans, procedures, reports, etc.).
- Familiar with international travel requirements such as Visa, medical, and passport.
- Department of State experience.
This position requires the candidate to already have a current Secret security clearance and to maintain the clearance.
The majority of position requirements will be performed within a professional office environment. However, deployments can require the individual to lift and move computer and other equipment of approximately 25-50 lbs in weight, as well as being able to push a wheeled dolly with multiple computer systems loaded. Position may require bending, kneeling, or crawling to get to cables under/behind furniture and server racks.
Peraton provides innovative, reliable solutions to the nation's most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. Peraton has significant experience providing highly differentiated secure communications, space, and technology solutions to key customers, and has become a trusted partner on missions that are critical to the security priorities of the United States. Capabilities include complex software and technology services and solutions, as well as end-to-end mission operations abilities, including Software Systems Development, Cyber, Modeling & Simulation, Mission Operations, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Quick Reaction Capabilities (QRC) / Research & Development. The company is headquartered in Herndon, VA, with approximately 3,500 employees across the U.S. and Canada.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Peraton, Sterling , Customer Technical Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!