Broadcast operator Digital Platform Support Analys
Company: Visionary Technology Consultants
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Job DescriptionVisionary Technology Consultants has an opening
for a Digital Platform Support Analyst. This role supports all
incidents around our digital platforms for a global Fortune 500
media company. The selected candidate will serve as a support
operations agent on our digital operations team. This is a highly
collaborative environment that is results driven by strategic
thinking, goal-oriented action, follow through and open
communication. Collaborating virtually with different departmental
teams to triage and resolve incidents arising from our digital
platforms. Key factors contributing to the success of this role
will be the ability to collaborate with all facets associated with
the company's operations including Programming, Engineering,
Security, and Developmental teams. Candidate to learn the multiple
working layers of linear broadcast functions that are transcoded
into the digital platform services offered; including coverage of
the upcoming Olympics and other high-profile sporting events.*This
is a six (6) month assignment, which will become permanent for the
right fit candidate**While this role currently is fully remote,
candidates will need to be in local geography when world health
circumstances allow for return to office work.*Reporting to a
Digital Operations Manager, the analyst will provide Tier 1 and 2
operational support for all issues arising from OTT platforms
including live events, back-end infrastructure, content
supply/distribution chains and customer service escalations. While
there are a variety of technical skill sets involved in supporting
a direct-to-consumer platform, the core principle is Incident and
problem management to ensure operational excellence and continual
improvement.Due to the operations center being 24/7/365 and
multiple high priority live events throughout the year, there will
be varied working hours, including weekends and nights on a
rotating and ad-hoc basis.The centers are also the point of contact
and owners for an IT Major Incident Incidents and as an Analyst are
responsible for initiating IT Major Incident process and procedures
in our Platform Infrastructure. Responsibilities
- Monitor digital platforms and video streams in real-time
- Provide swift and accurate incident classification and analysis
as per agreed SLA for all issues being the first point of contact
and create and update incidents on the company's incident
management system until resolution.
- Perform necessary escalation to internal and external support
teams utilizing prescribed runbooks for analysis.
- Initiate major incident coordination and stakeholder
communications with continual update as per agreed SLAs.
- Acknowledge and co-ordinate all streaming, VOD and infra issues
from both internal and external (vendors and affiliates) sources
effectively until resolution.
- Provide dedicated monitoring of end-to-end infrastructure,
content supply chain and streaming output for live events which
includes both automated alerting and eye-on-glass monitoring during
key events (Highly publicized event, infrastructure changes and
- Continually contribute to maintaining updated runbooks and
- Continually identify, adjust and help establish new automated
monitoring and alerting metrics.
- Work in conjunction with various live operations, content
editorial teams, platform/infra devops, product teams and customer
services to establish and improve all operational processes on a
- Perform urgent fixes for assets and feeds (live and VOD) on
both origin database, CDN distribution configs as well as metadata
changes when escalated by other operational teams and customer
- Collate streaming and incident metrics on a daily basis for
daily reporting to internal stakeholders.
- Assist QA, DevOps, client product and other teams with testing
and monitoring when required.Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of end-to-end OTT platforms including live
and VOD encoding & transcoding workflow, video manifest formats,
CDN distribution workflow, content/metadata ingestion workflows
into CMS, databases and client/user journey workflows
- In-depth knowledge of API functionalities within an OTT tech
- Knowledge of AWS applications - Cloudwatch metrics for
analysis, Media Services and support case creation.
- Working experience with Atlassian applications - JIRA and
- Working experience with Incident Management applications such
as ServiceNow, PagerDuty and JIRA.
- Strong working experience with event and logs management tools
such as Grafana, Splunk, PagerDuty, AWS Cloudwatch, GCP, QoE
(MUX/Conviva), New Relic, DataDog and Prometheus. Must be able to
demonstrate issue/pattern identification and analysis skills from a
set of metrics based on affected service components.
- Junior QA automation experience is desirable. Must at least
have a good understanding of product release & deployment process
as well as triaging issues and analysing logs from client
- Must be able to represent ops manager/team on a calls with
stakeholders/teams as well as co-ordinate ad-hoc calls and
processes with internal operational teams
- Problem determination and analytical skills.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to explain
technical concepts in a clear and easy to understand manner as this
is a critical part of stakeholder communication.
- Ability to provide Total Call Ownership to include handling
customers, escalating issues as appropriate and providing the
necessary follow up before incidents are closed
- Advanced knowledge of administrative applications such as
Excel, Word and Slides or Google equivalent apps.
- Proven ability to work in a high-pressure environment. Should
thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, being able to meet
short deadlines.Powered by JazzHRBWpSoCLikp
Keywords: Visionary Technology Consultants, Sterling , Broadcast operator Digital Platform Support Analys, IT / Software / Systems , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!