Fiber Optic Communication Technician
Company: COMPU DYNAMICS LLC
Posted on: May 1, 2021
Join our growing Infrastructure Services team! Compu Dynamics
has an opening for a Fiber Optic Communication Technician. This is
a 1099 position. Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Responsible for running and terminating fiber optic
- Pulls cable, mounts network devices, installs telephony
- Responsible for technical diagnosis, installation, and support
of Burglar Alarm, Fire Alarm, CCTV/ Video and/or Access Control
systems installed at assigned customer locations.
- Ability to properly test and trouble shoot installation.
- Ability to perform optical tests and characterizations for
fiber optic device modules including visual inspection, geometry,
insertion loss and return loss testing.
- Performs assigned installations as instructed and following
established codes, rules, and norms for the industry (including TIA
568 & TIA 942).
- Ability to populate cabinets by following supplied rack/cabling
- Contacts dispatch if help in troubleshooting or resolving the
issue is required.
- Supports inventory control.
- Handles fibers for device routing, ribbon breakouts, component
assemblies and custom splicing projects.
- Handles custom projects for creating assemblies with fiber
optics (splitter modules, ribbon fan-outs, data reports).
- Maintains database records for all products under testing for
- Follows customer specific procedures for documentation or
notification as described in Customer Notes, Service Ticket, or
- Responsible for maintaining an elevated level of
professionalism with clients, vendors, and colleagues; works to
establish a positive working relationship.
- Provides timely and completed documentation of work
- Drives company/personal vehicle throughout service area while
following all local laws.
- Operates vehicles and other equipment safely; adheres to safety
protocols; reports hazards and risks; behavior contributes to a
safe and secure working environment. Competencies: 1. Excellent
communication and time management skills 2. Expert knowledge in
splicing, cleaving, cleaning of fibers and inspection of work 3.
Intermediate knowledge of wiring color code and fabrication of data
cabling 4. Intermediate knowledge with telephony and networking,
inclusive of copper, CAT 5/6, and fiber option wiring 5.
Intermediate knowledge of fundamentals and best practices of
cabling media types 6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Travel:
1. Up to 100% (depending on home base) CONUS Corresponding military
codes: 25L, V80B, 003734 Compu Dynamics offers a comprehensive
benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with
dollar-for-dollar company match up to 4%, various voluntary
benefits, Employer paid life insurance, 7 Holidays, paid Parental
Leave, Volunteer Time Off, up to 4 weeks PTO after 60 days and you
get your birthday off! Compu Dynamics, LLC provides equal
employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race,
color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company
takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed,
and employees are treated during employment without regard to any
of these characteristics. All employment offers are contingent upon
successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening,
background/criminal check, and motor vehicle check.Required
Education and Experience: 1. TS clearance 2. SCI eligible 3. High
school diploma or equivalent of education and experience 4. 2+
years' related experience 5. Valid driver's license in good
standing Preferred Education and Experience: 1. Corning Fiber
Installation Certification (CFI) 2. Corning Fiber Testing &
Troubleshooting Certification (CFTT)
Keywords: COMPU DYNAMICS LLC, Sterling , Fiber Optic Communication Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!