Company: Wahl Clipper Corporation
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The Senior Programmer/Analyst is responsible for planning,
designing, developing, acquiring, documenting, testing,
implementing, integrating, maintaining and modifying software
systems for the organization. REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This position
reports directly to the Applications Manager position. There are no
direct reports to this position. However, this position may work as
a project manager and can manage/direct vendors, consultants, and
interns. This position may also be assigned to projects managed by
others outside of IT. In this context they may report to a project
manager in the context of those projects. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Translates information, process and workflow findings and
requirements into detailed specifications for new or enhanced
- Responsible for planning, designing, developing, acquiring,
documenting, testing, implementing, integrating, maintaining and
modifying Information Systems.
- Analyze information requirements throughout the enterprise.
Document information requirements and all related processes in both
current and desired future state.
- Facilitates the successful adoption of systems by involving
users appropriately from needs analysis through
- Coordinate and facilitate work groups involved in the analysis,
selection and implementation phases.
- Assist with the creation of education, administration and
maintenance services to provide pre- and post- implementation
support to systems. Specify support requirements and recommend
appropriate support mechanisms.
- Train users in the use of information systems.
- Coordinate the implementation of information systems. Work with
users to implement information system changes.
- Assist in the design of information systems for all areas.
Recommend achievable information systems that comply with
departmental direction and meet the needs of users.
- Administers purchased or subscribed systems in accordance with
the system needs, business needs, and management's desires.
- Programs applications, creates reports, develops interfaces,
and authors documentation.
- Creates user training materials and work instructions.
- Works cross-functionally internally and with subsidiaries to
support "One Wahl".
- Uses an innovative mind-set to continuously improve processes,
analyze, problem solve, and come forward with proposals.
- Thinks systemically to ensure end-to-end business strategy
- Leads with humility and respects every individual.
- Perform other duties as assigned. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and
work experience required.
- 5 years relevant experience in programming
- Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of requirements gathering,
software system design, documentation, testing, implementation,
integration, maintenance and modification.
- Skill in upgrading software on production-level applications,
with appropriate test and quality procedures.
- Project Management skills to handle multiple projects from
beginning to end.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of software development life
cycle and strong analytical skills.
- Must have excellent Customer Service and be able to communicate
to a diverse set of customers both written and orally.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills, attention to
detail, effective communication and presentation skills.
- ERP system implementation and manufacturing experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems,
or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
from which comparable skills can be acquired.
- 10+ years of Information Technology professional experience
with 5 years related to systems analysis and programming. Apply Now
* Fields Are Required What is your full name? First Name How can we
contact you? Email Phone Number Number Type What is your preferred
method of communication?
Keywords: Wahl Clipper Corporation, Sterling , Sr. Analyst/Programmer, IT / Software / Systems , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!