Windows System Administrator (Arlington, VA)
Company: Criterion Systems, Inc.
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Overview:At Criterion Systems, we developed a different kind of
business-a company whose real value is a reputation for excellence
built upon the collective skills, talents, perspectives, and
backgrounds of its people. By accepting a position with Criterion
Systems, you will join a group of professionals with a
collaborative mindset where we share ideas and foster professional
development to accomplish our goals. In addition to our great
culture, we also offer competitive compensation and benefit
packages, company-sponsored team building events, and advancement
opportunities. To find out more about how Criterion can help you
take your career to the next level please visit our website:
www.criterion-sys.com.We are looking for candidates to help deliver
full lifecycle development and sustainment for the Department of
Homeland Security's (DHS) National Cybersecurity Protection System
(NCPS). The NCPS assists more than 100 federal civilian government
agencies with the protection of their networks against advanced
cyber threats. Under this contract, you will support the government
in the design, development, operations and maintenance services for
the NCPS. Together we will build the mission critical cybersecurity
solutions that will enable the timely dissemination of threat
warnings and improve information sharing across DHS's stakeholder
community.Responsibilities:The Windows System Administrator
maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems,
including coordination with network administrators. Duties may
include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining
system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system
wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users
and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase
hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup
recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for
allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Participate in a rotating 24x7 schedule
- Operate and maintain all Production, Pre-Production, and
Development systems in a Windows environment.
- Perform System Administration activities to include account
management, monitoring and management of system resources (CPU,
memory, disk, etc), monitoring and auditing system logs back-up and
recovery, continuity of operations, security, and managing
- Implement and monitor the Enterprise Windows Servers testing
and installation of patches, updates, additional tools and future
versions of all software on a regular basis.
- Meet compliance for Information Security Vulnerability
Management (ISVMs) and Intelligence Community Vulnerability Alert
- Perform Systems Lifecycle management including planning,
implementation, maintenance, upgrades, consolidation, and
decommissioning of enterprise hardware, and software.
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure
the system is compatible with defined architecture and meets
- Develop technical documentation, including CONOPS, user guides,
test plans, and other CDRL items.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 8 years relevant
- A Master's degree in a related discipline may substitute for
two (2) years of experience.
- A PhD may substitute for four (4) years of experience.
- Additional years of professional experience may be substituted
for no degree.
- Must have a current TS Clearance with SCI Eligibility (SSBI
within the last 5 years)
- Experience with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Group
- Knowledgeable and experience in application of STIGs to secure
Windows services and applications.
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of
the following: ACLs, ISVM, ICVA, STIGS, etc.
- Desired Certification(s): Applicable Microsoft certifications
(Examples: MCSE, MCSA).
- Microsoft Windows server and client administration (Windows
2008 and Windows 2012), Microsoft Exchange Server, SQL Server,
Altiris, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), SharePoint Server,
Double-Take, Backups/Restore, McAfee, VMware.Preferred Skills:
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Windows Server
- Experience developing and maintaining Technical Documentation
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
with changing priorities.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team
environment as needed.Criterion Systems, Inc. is committed to equal
employment opportunity and non-discrimination at all levels of our
organization. We believe in treating all applicants and employees
fairly and make employment decisions without regard to any
individual's protected status: race, ethnicity, color, national
origin, ancestry, religion, creed, sex/gender, gender
identify/gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and mental
disability, marital/parental status, pregnancy (including
childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), age,
genetic information (including characteristics and testing),
military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement,
please visit https://careers-criterion-sys.icims.com/.
Keywords: Criterion Systems, Inc., Sterling , Windows System Administrator (Arlington, VA), IT / Software / Systems , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!