Linux System Administrator II
Company: Criterion Systems, Inc.
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Overview:At Criterion Systems, we developed a different kind of
business-a company whose real value is a reputation for excellence
built upon the collective skills, talents, perspectives, and
backgrounds of its people. By accepting a position with Criterion
Systems, you will join a group of professionals with a
collaborative mindset where we share ideas and foster professional
development to accomplish our goals. In addition to our great
culture, we also offer competitive compensation and benefit
packages, company-sponsored team building events, and advancement
opportunities. To find out more about how Criterion can help you
take your career to the next level please visit our website:
www.criterion-sys.com.We are looking for candidates to help deliver
full lifecycle development and sustainment for the Department of
Homeland Security's (DHS) National Cybersecurity Protection System
(NCPS). The NCPS assists more than 100 federal civilian government
agencies with the protection of their networks against advanced
cyber threats. Under this contract, you will support the government
in the design, development, operations and maintenance services for
the NCPS. Together we will build the mission critical cybersecurity
solutions that will enable the timely dissemination of threat
warnings and improve information sharing across DHS's stakeholder
community.Responsibilities:Criterion Systems is seeking a Linux
Systems Administrator II to support the design, development, and
deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.Responsibilities
- Providing technical and system administration support through
troubleshooting, identifying and isolating issues, conducting root
cause analysis, and implementing appropriate solutions to software
and system anomalies as they occur.
- Performing scans and remediating vulnerabilities in Linux
and/or Windows environments.
- Responding to application-related issues, resolving on-the-spot
problems (when possible), replicating the issue for internal
analysis/diagnosis, and preparing technical documentation
accurately depicting the problem and/or solution for feedback to
- Working alone on individual projects while being involved in
larger projects as a team effort.
- Supporting the operations and maintenance aspects of deployed
- Supporting the development of system security documentation on
both new and previously deployed capabilities.
- Managing the functionality and efficiency of a group of
computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Helping to maintain the integrity and security of IT
- Adhering to policies and standards related to the use of
- Interacting with users including providing advice and training
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant technologies.
- Participating in special projects as requested.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science,
Information Systems or related technical field. Two years of
related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree
- Have 2+ years of applicable, hands-on Linux systems
- Experience with Linux (Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
preferred) including knowledge of related hardware and
- Meaningful, hands-on experience performing scans and
remediating vulnerabilities in Linux environments.
- Must be able to manage the functionality and efficiency of a
virtual/physical desktop pool by proactively and reactively
responding to centrally managed trouble and incident tickets.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in
systems administration and support.
- Ability to develop and maintains system/security documentation
- Ability to interact with users to include software installs and
- Must be able to maintain knowledge of current system design to
connect, configure, and/or enable information systems, devices, or
components as assigned.
- Ability to assist team members by providing input, either
written or verbal, to program deliverables including trade studies,
white-papers, vendor presentations, and hardware and software
- Be able to provide support for maintenance and change requests
for all user-facing devices and systems.
- Must be a US Citizen with a Secret clearance to start and be
able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability.Preferred Skills:
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Ansible or
other comparable products.
- Experience with physical and virtual RHEL servers including Red
Hat Satellite Servers.
- Experience with virtualized cloud environments.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level I certification.
- Professional certifications in one or more technologies that
are applicable to systems administration is a plus.Criterion
Systems, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and
non-discrimination at all levels of our organization. We believe in
treating all applicants and employees fairly and make employment
decisions without regard to any individual's protected status:
race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed,
sex/gender, gender identity/gender expression, sexual orientation,
physical and mental disability, marital/parental status, pregnancy
(including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions),
age, genetic information (including characteristics and testing),
military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement,
please visit https://careers-criterion-sys.icims.com/.
Keywords: Criterion Systems, Inc., Sterling , Linux System Administrator II, IT / Software / Systems , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!